Mitsubishi oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitsubishi filters are made by Roki (formerly Toyo Roki), but this is only for filters with a part number starting with MD. Part numbers starting with MZ (Mitsubishi Value Line) are made in Japan, China or Thailand. Japanese filters with a part number starting with MZ are made by Denso. I have no idea who makes the Chinese and Thai variants.

That said, they are very good filters but they are also expensive. I personally use a Hyundai filter in mine, which is the same quality but also comes with a silicone anti drain back valve instead of the nitrate one the Roki comes with. It's also half the price.

The ones I buy are only $4. Made in Thailand also?. Good filter, I don't get as much start-up noise.

Last edited:
For most Mitsubishi I4 and V6 applications, the MD352626 is an excellent filter. The Hyundai equivalent of this is the 26300-35503. Think of it as the same filter, only with a silicone anti drain back valve.
thumbsup2.gif

Will this fit most current honda 4cyls too? The Honda service part filter is junk, so im running a wix 57356. I'll have to check hyundai, mitsu specs at WIX to x-ref ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Since1941
I found the filters at the dealer starting with MZ690116. They are 4.67 ea. I don't know I they are Japan made though.

The MZ690116 is a USA only filter, and is made by Denso in Thailand.

Is it a good filter? The MD filters are not carried anymore for my 88 Raider/Montero. It is now these MZ filters. I have read it is like the Toyota filter without the endcaps..

Is it a good filter? The MD filters are not carried anymore for my 88 Raider/Montero. It is now these MZ filters. I have read it is like the Toyota filter without the endcaps..
The Japanese ones are best and if the Toyota ones fit alright and are Japanese (not Thailand), then should be the best option.

I believe they are similar in construction to the Toyota filters, but I cannot comment because I've never opened one up. Could be the MZ690116 is basically a Denso 1501006.

That said, there are a lot of good filters out there for your application, if you do not wish to use the Denso filter. Have you considered:

- Bosch 72142
- Motorcraft FL-403 or FL-810
- Mann ML-1025
- Wix 51381/51334

Originally Posted By: fpracha
The Japanese ones are best and if the Toyota ones fit alright and are Japanese (not Thailand), then should be the best option.

It's no longer easy to find a Japanese made Toyota filter. I haven't come across one in years, and they all seem to be made in Thailand.

Ditto for me. All my Denso oil filter for my Gen II Monty are made in Thailand. When I purchased the Monty in 1994 the oil filters were more expensive.....Take care

Just switched to Bosch Distance +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back