Honda oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes the Honda oil filter? It is for a 2011 crv i still have the FF, but when it comes time to change Im not sure if I will stick with Wix or try oem filter pending the maker.

^My question is, get the Honeywell made for Honda(to spec) oil filter from the dealer OR buy a DENSO if wanting closest to OEM?
laugh.gif

Fram makes the Honda OEM A-02. Honeywell sold Fram to "Rank" Group (NZ)in January with sale completed this month. I'd stick with the Wix if the A-02 is what your dealer sells (most do).

There is another Honda OEM A-01 available from H and A Accessories for ~$5 (shipping not included) each when buying 6. Many Honda owners prefer these to the Fram made.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/a01open.jpg

Well, I said many prefer the A-01 to the A-02. That said, I find the the linked thread conclusions very dubious. When the OP's conclusions are based on, "I percieve" this and I percieve that, and "in my estimation", it doean't mean much.

I sure wouldn't rate the A-01 over an Amsoil, M1, Wix or P1 for that matter.

I'd refer the river_rats, "Some Filtration Comparisons from the Bench" or his summary post for a more scientific approach, including the A-01.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Well, I said many prefer the A-01 to the A-02. That said, I find the the linked thread conclusions very dubious. When the OP's conclusions are based on, "I percieve" this and I percieve that, and "in my estimation", it doean't mean much.

I sure wouldn't rate the A-01 over an Amsoil, M1, Wix or P1 for that matter.

I'd refer the river_rats, "Some Filtration Comparisons from the Bench" or his summary post for a more scientific approach, including the A-01.

Well, I definitely agree with that and I get where you are coming from. I didn't mean I agreed 100% with posters conclusions in the linked threads, but in general good info. It's a solid little filter, though not best for extended OCIs; especially when compared to EP oil filters or ones perhaps more capable in that area.

Last edited:
Interesting. Rank Group (NZ) owns most of the high end filter brands production capability through Champion Labs that makes M1 and K&N to name a few.

the original Honda auto filters were made by Toyo Roki. Filtech is their American subsidiary.
Decent filters.
Don't quote me but I think the Toyo Roki filters (A-01) were black and the Fram replacements were/are blue.(A-02)

Quote:
Interesting. Rank Group (NZ) owns most of the high end filter brands production capability through Champion Labs that makes M1 and K&N to name a few.
I did not know that until now. That means they also owned low end production with ST and STP filters, including ecore. Now they add the orange can on the low side and Xtended Guard on the high side. Plus Prestone and Autolite products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back