Where are you purchasing Honda genuine filters?

Need to change the oil on our new odyssey soon and wondering if anyone buys their Honda filters from Amazon, or is it too risky? Would like to buy 5-6 plush drain plug gaskets at the same time, but afraid they wouldn’t be genuine.

Is there another reliable source or is it best just to go to the local dealer?

I tried searching but mainly came up with debates about how Honda filters are just mediocre…nothing about where to purchase them. I’ll be using Honda filters at least till I’m out of warranty.

Need to change the oil on our new odyssey soon and wondering if anyone buys their Honda filters from Amazon, or is it too risky? Would like to buy 5-6 plush drain plug gaskets at the same time, but afraid they wouldn’t be genuine.

I tried searching but mainly came up with debates about how Honda filters are just mediocre…nothing about where to purchase them. I’ll be using Honda filters at least till I’m out of warranty.
Hi,
I'm not a fan of buying oil filters on-line because I need to inspect them before I buy. The Fram Tough Guard TG7317 at $7.17 will work great and simplify your shopping. Its a 15K miles filter with a good 99% efficiency at 20 micron rating.

The crush washers are no problem to purchase on-line and you'll save some money.

I just get them from an online Honda dealer, usually when I'm buying some parts. Some local dealers have an "online price" and allow you to pick them up for free.

I would not buy oil filters from Amazon or any car parts really, there is a lot of counterfeits out there.

RockAuto I would trust, Walmart carries Honda filters now. Honda filters seem to be a FRAM Extra Guard/Tough Guard design, they are nothing special but do the job.

You know I have the same worry when I buy my toilet paper at Costco.

Try Bernardi auto parts. They do a great job with OEM Honda /Acura just about everything.

That said I not bother with the Honda Filters as Ive cut many as well as seen their spec and beta ratings.

My stash of legacy Fru's will carry me through this vehicles life.

or

I have ordered around $1500 in parts between both sites including oil filters and crush washers you are looking for, positive experiences with both on all transactions.

Walmart sells OE Honda filters, but you might as well just get the PH7317 and save money, since the A02 is basically a PH7317. If you want something better, the TG7317 is around the same price as an A02 but much better.

You don't need to replace the drain plug gasket every OCI

Walmart sells OE Honda filters, but you might as well just get the PH7317 and save money, since the A02 is basically a PH7317. If you want something better, the TG7317 is around the same price as an A02 but much better.

You don't need to replace the drain plug gasket every OCI
I don’t replace it every oil change, but I replace it on the first one so if it’s ever in for warranty work they can tell. The original is usually painted with the oil pan and drain plug so it’s obvious when you haven’t changed it.

If you have some close by, call around and check your local dealer(s) price first. I see Honda list/msrp now up to $9.36, imo should never pay more than that, preferable significantly less. Keep in mind when you buy from the Honda parts sites, you have to consider and add in shipping costs. That means buying at least lots of 6 to mitigate shipping costs. I see Amazon asking $12.20, WM $12.97. lol Perhaps in minority but I would buy and trust an A02 directly from Amazon, not third party seller. That said, except on very rare dealer service, never use them. As far as warranty, owned many Hondas never a concern about using an aftermarket filter. MM Warranty Act backs that call.

Ebay used to have A02 and crush washers in package deals. Don't know if still true.

Lastly, before paying $12.97 for A02 at WM, I'd go straight to the Fram Endurance shelf and buy an FE7317 for the same money. And if you chose to follow the Honda 2 MM oil change, fci, could still do so with total confidence. My .02

If you have some close by, call around and check your local dealer(s) price first. I see Honda list/msrp now up to $9.36, imo should never pay more than that, preferable significantly less. Keep in mind when you buy from the Honda parts sites, you have to consider and add in shipping costs. That means buying at least lots of 6 to mitigate shipping costs. I see Amazon asking $12.20, WM $12.97. lol Perhaps in minority but I would buy and trust an A02 directly from Amazon, not third party seller. That said, except on very rare dealer service, never use them. As far as warranty, owned many Hondas never a concern about using an aftermarket filter. MM Warranty Act backs that call.

Ebay used to have A02 and crush washers in package deals. Don't know if still true.

Lastly, before paying $12.97 for A02 at WM, I'd go straight to the Fram Endurance shelf and buy an FE7317 for the same money. And if you chose to follow the Honda 2 MM oil change, fci, could still do so with total confidence. My .02
Thanks.

I also typically trust Amazon but many people continue to say it’s easy to get fake stuff off there regardless of who you buy from. I haven’t had it happen, but I also haven’t made purchases that I’d be thoroughly inspecting for the real genuine brand name etc.

I follow the “change your oil (and filter!) and rotate your tires at 5k miles” train of thought.

I dont use OE filters (Fram TG,EG, are plenty good IMO) but bkhondaparts.com (aka Bill Kay Honda in the Chicago area) usually has the best overall price with S/H for genuine Honda parts. I have bought motor mounts, suspension parts, etc from them; always fast shipping and good quality. The price was a little better than others but especially better than my local dealer!

Last edited:
......I follow the “change your oil (and filter!) and rotate your tires at 5k miles” train of thought.
Most Honda owners do change the filter. And though only limited experience with dealer changes, never seen one that doesn't change the filter with the OC. That despite the OM "recommendation". I was mostly saying if you chose that, the FE would be up to it.

As for the A02, while I wouldn't disagree with mediocre, I'd say, nothing special imo. As said, if looking for similar construction but likely better efficiency, an orange can EG or silver TG will work, for less cost.

Back