Pennzoil, good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking cause I have about 6 cases of 5w30 sitting here. Going to use it in my cars but worried of going from Castrol GTX HM.
If it will do as good or better then it's on. I will start useing it untill it's all gone then maybe stick to it.

My dad has praised pennzoil for years but I like Castrol. I like the bottle's, the smell and really seems to keep the engine clean.

BTW: I got the cases for $50.

I don't want to hear the sludge horry stories from the 70's, if it is something lately then I will listen up.

Pennzoil will work just fine for you. I doubt that you will hear any horror stories, at least not any that are anything more than hear-say or total B.S. Is this SM/GF-4 rated oil? If so, how did you get it so cheap, if you don't mind my asking?

Here we go again........how many times can we kill a dead horse?
dunno.gif

By the way, Pennzoil is a fine product. Check the UOA forum and you'll see.

I just change the oil on my wife's Grand Caravan this weekend. In went 4 quarts of 5w20 ($1.37 a quart-HOme Depot), 1 quart of Penn Plat. ($2.60) and a STP Oil filter I bought for approx. $2 a while back. In my opinion, a great $10 oil change! The new stuff is quality oil, use with confidence!

I agree, my dad used Pennzoil for years, and never had a problem, I started with Pennzoil as well and moved to Castrol GTX, J.D Street oils, Agip, Motul, TORCO, and now Mobil 1.
All good brands and good stuff.

Pennzoil's fine if ya' like lotsa sludge prone paraffin wax in yer injun...
rolleyes.gif
(I've even got it on good authority that some devout folks pour Pennzoil in water glasses and let it set up solid to make their own votive candles. Must be true 'cause it would be wrong to lie.)

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Pennzoil's fine if ya' like lotsa sludge prone paraffin wax in yer injun...
rolleyes.gif
(I've even got it on good authority that some devout folks pour Pennzoil in water glasses and let it set up solid to make their own votive candles. Must be true 'cause it would be wrong to lie.)

word has it that the Pennzoil bottles are actually clear from the plant, by the time they hit the shelves in stores it turns the bottles all yellow......
wink.gif

in SM, GF-4, oil is oil, once you separate syn from dino. Use it. I just hit 7500 on a 10W30 PP SM OCI from a month and a week ago and did Pennzoil Yellow bottle 5W20 SM OCI to tide me over until wintertime 0W30 GC. Noted no difference..

It's fine.

[ September 06, 2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: toocrazy2yoo ]

The whole wax thing is so stupid. I understand from reading here that there is no oil brand that has wax in the oil anymore.

Quacker state and Pennzoil was the 2 BADDDDDDDD ones but that was back in the 70's, now neither are suppose to contain it.

I read somewhere Pennzoil was made by Texaco? or a Texas based refinery of some kind.

I was just wanting to know how it rated next to Havaline and Castrol.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back