Sad sad day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car carrier is coming to pick up my 99 SS Camaro I sold. Have had this car for 7 years and it is now 11 years old and never garaged. Took these a few minutes ago. Still looks almost new. I can honestly say I am sick to my stomach right now knowing in a couple hours it will be gone to never be seen again.

P1050613.jpg

P1050614.jpg

P1050611.jpg

P1050610.jpg

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Whoever bought is getting what looks like a mint piece. Why are you selling it?

It was my daily (10 miles to work and 10 back) and after 7 years I was starting to get tired of the same old same old plus my wife didnt like to ride in it (to loud according to her). There was places i also refused to drive it like into DC or baltimore and places like that. So I have always liked the 07+ Tahoe and Yukons and I found a sweet 07 Yukon fully loaded with 34K miles and got a good deal on it so my wife said lets buy it but you have to sell the SS if we do and I agreed. Plus i have my other camaro and maybe now this will get me off my lazy butt and make me take my other camaro out more often. I think I had it out of the garage maybe 4 times last year.

My stomach is churning right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hate2work

That car looks very good for never having been garaged. Nice job taking care of it, it really looks good :)

Gotta love the porter cable, lake country pads, menzerna polish and P21S wax.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro

It sucks losing such a nice Camaro, but you'll get over it. Those 2011 Mustangs sure look like a heckuva a car...
45.gif

Sorry; thought some humor might cheer you up!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

It sucks losing such a nice Camaro, but you'll get over it. Those 2011 Mustangs sure look like a heckuva a car...
45.gif

Sorry; thought some humor might cheer you up!

HAHA they sure do but that is against my religion! Now give me an old fastback and then just maybe..........

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, what we need now is a picture of the new 07 Yukon and that other Camaro.

P1050605.jpg

My wife knows not to ever ask me to sell this car for any reason. I have made that very clear from day 1 with her. I will have this one a long long time to come. Bought it when I was 18 and I am now 31.

CamaroFrontAngle-1.jpg

CamaroRear-2.jpg

100502_085430.jpg

Do I spy an itty bitty 1050 dominator under that air cleaner ;o)

P1000347.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't feel so bad selling the blue Camaro, knowing I had THAT monster in the garage!

What are the specs on it? Does it run?

Yeah, you definetly need to get that out more often, and show some street-pun ricer a thing or two...LOL!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
How many applicants applied for ownership?

I posted it up on ls1tech.com and with in 2 days had 10 people highly interested. I almost feel like I didnt ask enough for it.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't feel so bad selling the blue Camaro, knowing I had THAT monster in the garage!

Yeah, you definetly need to get that out more often, and show some street-pun ricer a thing or two...LOL!

Oh yeah it runs. here is a short video. Took this on a sunday and if you listen close you can hear kids playing so I took it real easy. Only brought it up to maybe 5000 rpm. Powerband of this engine is 4000 to 7200.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FY6kJmrQgI

It has a 13:1 compression 383 stroker in it with.....

4 bolt block
callies 4340 forged crank
crower 6" forged rods
Ross forged pistons
All balanced
Crane solid cam
Ported and shaved Brodix track 1 heads with k-motion valve springs
Victor jr intake topped with a 1050 dominator

Trans is fully built TH350 with forward manual valvebody and 5000 stall custom built by ATI for my combo. Converter is an 8" treemaster.

Rear is a 12 bolt with Moser pro series 4.56 gears, moser full spool and moser 31 or 33 spline axles (been a few years cant remember) with c-clip eliminators.

The car is mini tubbed and has an S&W ladder bar and coilover setup and S&W 8 point roll bar, kirkey prostreet seats and RCI platinum harness.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Where is its new home going to be?

It is going to Hays Kansas. The guy that bought it owns a detailing shop.

Oh yeah it runs. here is a short video. Took this on a sunday and if you listen close you can hear kids playing so I took it real easy. Only brought it up to maybe 5000 rpm. Powerband of this engine is 4000 to 7200.

4 bolt block
crower 6" forged rods
Ross forged pistons
All balanced
Crane solid cam

Trans is fully built TH350 with forward manual valvebody and 5000 stall custom built by ATI for my combo. Converter is an 8" treemaster.

Rear is a 12 bolt with Moser pro series 4.56 gears, moser full spool and moser 31 or 33 spline axles (been a few years cant remember) with c-clip eliminators.

The car is mini tubbed and has an S&W ladder bar and coilover setup and S&W 8 point roll bar, kirkey prostreet seats and RCI platinum harness.

Which K-Motion springs? I have the K800's. They were the springs my cam grinder told me to get.

Sounds like a wicked setup! What does it ET and trap?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

4 bolt block
crower 6" forged rods
Ross forged pistons
All balanced
Crane solid cam

Which K-Motion springs? I have the K800's. They were the springs my cam grinder told me to get.

Sounds like a wicked setup! What does it ET and trap?

It has been years since we built the engine so i would have to look at my spec book. I never got a chance to run it with this engine. Right after putting this one in I got a smoking deal on a vega fully setup for racing so I slapped together a wicked 355 for it and ran that car and drove the camaro on the street. Then after a couple passes to break the 355 in this happened on an easy run the second time out.

e4aed965.jpg

7b91c807.jpg

Never ran anything after that. Now my machinest said my combo should be in the upper 500 to low 600hp range with the 383. We built the engine based on a 383 build up in national dragster that made 550. We upped the compression and upped the cam and used better heads. If I had to guess since the car is 3600 pounds with out my 250 pound butt in it we are thinking high 10's on the motor but until I run it I really cant give any solid numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back