Why don't 2-post lifts go up high enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't most 2-post lifts go up high enough for a 6-foot man to stand up straight under them? I say "most" because all the ones I've ever seen do not, but perhaps there is one out there that does.

alot of them are height adjustable,it also depends on the height of the vehicle being lifted. i've never had a problem with one being too low,i usually have to lower it some when i have to get my hands up in somewhere.

I'm 5' 7'' and have never had a problem with a 2 post being too low.I don't think it's a problem with the hoist.

I am 6'4" and the only time the 2 post lift is high enough is when a truck is on the lift. When working on cars I sit on a stool that has caster wheels, if I have to work in one place for very long. That has shure helped out my back and neck. I am not getting any younger.

Euler had something to say about it some time ago.

Higher that you go, the stiffer, and more expensive the uprights have to be.

Someone picked a price point.

Most go to 6ft - I don't think American ones go higher than Asian ones.The height they lift the vehicle depends on the pickup points - if you can get the pads directly on the vehicle,it will lift it higher than if it has to go up some distance to pick up a lift point.Stiffness is sort of related to the capacity,the more load they are rated for the heavier duty they are.But the 4,000kg Korean one I use now is of much lighter construction than the 3,500kg American hoist I used before (in my own shop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back