Bel-Ray: Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about swithcing to this brand, for my Kawasaki 500. Anyone use it?
21.gif

GL

If we are talking about two stroke oil,I tried it and fouled plugs, at 50:1 but that was 20 years ago, MC1+, I think it was. I always used Yamalube 2R and was impressed with how clean the internals were at tear down. I used Yamalube 2R at 40:1 and never fouled a plug in KDX200s with alot of woods putting. You might want to try the Yamalube 2R, Ive never heard a bad thing about it and its alot better priced.

I use a variety of Bel-Ray products; chain lube, foam air filter oil, 2-stroke oil, 4-stroke oil, fork fluid, 2-stroke transmission oil---that's all I can think of right now. I think they have a solid line of products, with few negatives. I've emailed them several times about different 4-stroke oils and never got a straight answer about their base stock, group, additive composition, nothing, they ain't talkin. I've had good results with all of their products and I continue to turn to Bel-Ray often for my atv lube needs.

Chris

For some number of years Musselman's Honda in Tucson was putting Bel-Ray in bikes by default. They had a big 50-gallon drum of the 20W-50 stuff in the corner of their service area and that's what they put in *everything*.

They've since moved to Honda GN-4. I'm not sure if they did that because they thought it better oil, or because Honda put a little pressure on them. (Or Honda cut them a better deal on bulk oil than did Bel-Ray.)

Point is ... it was apparently good enough for Musselman's to use it.

ran bel-ray exl 20w50 for 2.9 hours in the MMoD during an enduro.

flash of 410.

add pack numbers in the L A M E range.

a susvis of 81.9 when 83.1101 is needed to be in grade.

what??? a bike oil that can't handle 3 hours? say it isn't so!

I decided to break with tradition & go with Castrol 4T. Mixed in a little Mobile 10w40.

Seems to now shift smoother thatn with the Rotella 10w40. Good idle too.

So far, so good.

GL

Bel-Ray seems to be focused on racing primarily.
Small company, loyal following, but not widely available.
Doesn't even seem to be interested in automobile needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back