New Motorized Bike forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power is VERY addicting......fire the motor up (some pedaling involved) then ride!

What may I ask is a snakestay? (and don't get all kinkie on me)

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Progress Today!! Some things need modifying other stuff is straight bolt on, but lots of moving bits around, cutting nubs off, ignoring the instructions, etc.
mb5.JPG

looks like a fun toy. your seatpost is mounted backwards.

if I was doing this, I would simplify the gear system, and just run it single speed. no need for all that schtuff if you've got a motor!

btw, that's a neat old diamond back, probably made in japan; even if it's taiwanese, it's STILL better than mainland chinese stuff made these days. steel frame, horizontal top tube, alloy quill stem, 1" headset, adjustable dropouts, ahh, those were the days!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mpvue

looks like a fun toy. your seatpost is mounted backwards.

if I was doing this, I would simplify the gear system, and just run it single speed. no need for all that schtuff if you've got a motor!

btw, that's a neat old diamond back, probably made in japan; even if it's taiwanese, it's STILL better than mainland chinese stuff made these days. steel frame, horizontal top tube, alloy quill stem, 1" headset, adjustable dropouts, ahh, those were the days!

Good eye. I reversed it for comfort when I got that seat. It's somehow easier on my bad neck. Yes the bike is Japanese with a bit better components than nowadays. It's just been too nasty to ride, and I just got two new spark plugs...........

NIIIIIIIIIICE!
cool.gif

I especially like the bolt on top tube so you don't look like a sissy riding your sister's bike!

Sunday was the best riding ever - very cold but dry and fun. The little buzzard is quite cold blooded, but finally the engine is running great, the clutch was adjusted just right....everything A-OK.

My only gripe is that I wish I had lower gearing.....note that my buddy and I will be coming out with a direct drive to the crank.

I went for quite the ride today and then just at the bottom of our BIG hill the chain popped off. The chain had seriously stretched.....I just hit the kill switch and pedaled home. I'm quite amazed, I'll need to take at least two more links out of the chain, never realized cheapie chains stretch so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back