Your Most RELIABLE, TROUBLE-FREE Vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently my daily driver. 2012 Lancer Sportback ES. had 3 moderate fender benders (all from drivers texting and bumping me in traffic) and it still runs like a champ.

only had to change the CVT fluid every 30K and the regular oil changes every 5k, gone through 2 batteries and a set of tires but thats it. 115k and still going strong.

I never had a car with a perfect record through hundreds of thousands of miles like some folks are claiming. My parents didn't either. However, most have been pretty good, reliability-wise.

The '72 Subaru (listed below) was the runaway winner as far as early manufacturing defects that would've been covered by warranty. Nothing was wrong, except it was delivered with dirty water in the windshield washer bottle. That car was also the worst, as far as rust. Other non-routine stuff: speedometer cable at ~15k, clutch (due to transmission oil leak) at 39k, one leaky rear wheel bearing seal, windshield wiper motor bearing (fixed with a shirt button), and a broken wire inside distributor. No brake, suspension, steering, or fuel system work needed in 190k.

The Prius has been almost trouble-free in nearly 60,000 miles I've owned it, but is hard to compare to the older cars, because I didn't acquire it new.

Probably my 2008 Honda CR-V. Bought it new, traded it at 112,000 for the Traverse (go figure, replace the most reliable with the least reliable). Only thing that broke on it was the cracked nylon bushing on the hood prop rod A $2 part that took 30 seconds to change.

2006 Buick Rainier now at 217k. Owned since new. Other than brakes / belts & plugs Only repairs made 1. Rear air bladder suspension began leaking around 140k, simply replaced with new shocks and coil springs. Total with labor $420.00 2. Starter motor for the transfer case failed at around 160k Total with labor about the same around $425.00.00. That's it $850.00 in repairs for 13 years and 217k. Everything else (Including the transmission) is all original. The factory brakes made it to 202k before they were replaced. Serpentine belt made it to 147k. Unfortunately about 10 days ago a family member hit a deer (large buck) doing 60 mph. It is now totaled. RIP

Either my '00 Tundra or my current G35. Neither required much. The G35 is older, so it has needed valve cover gaskets, and a MAF, and I had Trav clean the fuel injectors while it was apart - it currently needs the front suspension to be de-clunked. The Tundra needed spider gears and a fan clutch, but when I sold it with 220K, it was not quite 6 years old. The G35 I have had for 13 years.

we have 2 both Toyotas- n0 surprise. 2003 tundra v6 bought new . so far only 1 o2 sensor and nothing else besides tires and batterys. wifes 2004 highlander 225k with only a starter and powerwindow motor. my neighbor has been tru 4 new cars since we have owned these 2.

I would say my old Alfa 156 1.9 8v jtd, that thing was indestructible - only fault was upper front wishbones that lasted 150k km and were expensive to change.

Stilo mjet that I passed to my dad is holding good too, although he did the clutch on that at 190k because slave cylinder went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back