Most comfortable seats youve had? Best steering wheel?

Which car that you've owned has has the most comfortable seats? What about your favorite steering wheel?
For seats it goes to an 88 Crown Vic and steering wheel believe it or not is my Trax with the knurled in it.

Seats, 1981 Olds Omega Brougham. Steering wheel? I like the Focus as it has good steering weight and feel, and I guess the fake leather covered wheel has a substantial feel in your hand.
For comfort I really care more about the arm rests and their relative position to the wheel.

17 Regal GS, grear seats for those long drives and nice thick leather steering wheel with the flat bottom. :D

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT.

I've driven several vehicles on a round trip from Chicago to LA and back, including my 2002 Suburban and 2014 Durango. Neither had seats that could come even close to the Elantra for comfort on a long trip.

Seats: My old Pontiac Bonnneville with the upholstered seats. Shame it had a blown head gasket.

Steering wheel: I liked my 86 Accord's wheel. I was used to a hard plastic knurled wheel and a softer and thicker wheel felt a lot better.

Seats- definitely the 1994 Ford Econoline 7 passenger those are the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. But also the most dangerous as they just collapse in an accident. But man are they comfortable literally like setting on a big pillow.

Steering wheel- probably my beetle because of the classic look and simple design.

I'm not sure about best seats but I like the steering wheel on my 2008 Mercedes E-350. Has the oval buttons in the right location so you can easily hit them with your thumbs without looking. The newer steering wheels are more complex and you'd have to look at the steering wheel to see what you're hitting.

2008_mercedes_benz_e_class_steeringwheel.jpg

Seats. I’ve owned 3 Volvos. Nothing else touches them.

steering wheel. Mmm. Aftermarket leather wrap on a Gen 1 tundra provided a thick diameter, combined with a good hydraulic feel ended up being quite nice. I installed a Limited trim leather wheel on my work-spec f150 that I really like. The construction was deplorable and it arrived poorly molded… I had to reshape it, but it’s just right where it counts.

I’ve installed sew-on leather wraps on a good number of cars I’ve had, and generally find that done right, they add a lot to any wheel.

Best seat I used...Saab 2011 9-5.
Best seat I owned... Ford Taurus 1989
Best steering wheel....Audi TT 2017...8 controls plus paddle shifters with a flat bottom.

Last edited:
Seats. I’ve owned 3 Volvos. Nothing else touches them.

steering wheel. Mmm. Aftermarket leather wrap on a Gen 1 tundra provided a thick diameter, combined with a good hydraulic feel ended up being quite nice. I installed a Limited trim leather wheel on my work-spec f150 that I really like. The construction was deplorable and it arrived poorly molded… I had to reshape it, but it’s just right where it counts.

I’ve installed sew-on leather wraps on a good number of cars I’ve had, and generally find that done right, they add a lot to any wheel.

Just about agree. Only got a Volvo a few years ago the first time. P2 seats (XC70, S60, 2001-2007 ish) best I have ever had. Have a P80 now (2000 XC70 and not quite as good, but good). I have a bad back now and the P2 seats are the only ones I can spend any amount of time in and feel relaxed. I'm actually looking for a 2004-2007 XC70 again for this reason alone (plus I can swap the turbo, tune the ECU - hey - it's not a COMPLETE sacrifice!!). ;)

I have a 1991 Audi Quattro 5-speed V8 with the limited edition Sport seats. Also fantastic - all-day comfortable. These were limited edition and likely similar to some higher end Porsche, BMW seats.

But I've been amazed by the overall comfort of different model Volvos, and many others say the same.

Favorite steering wheels have been the wood Lexus wheels, post 2000. Good size, good feel.

I sat in a Volvo once, those had to be the most comfortable seats… like sitting down in a perfectly broken in lazy boy recliner.

Otherwise out of cars I’ve owned, my Ram 1500 Classic with cloth seats.

Back