Your favorite store bought salad dressing?

Not an authority on the subject but I do like Wish-Bone Robusto Italian.

I'm completely open to any others. I simply don't use that much of the stuff.
I can't sample broadly enough.

I also feel the flavor called "Ranch" is too 'all-over-the-place' and consistently off, if not foul.
I'm not saying the basic concept (flavor profiles) can't be great.
Bleu Cheese, in any application or recipe, tastes like crayons....so that's an iron clad NOGO.

We have a bunch of dressings and I nearly always grab a different one depending on mood/meal. I haven't had anything from Ken's that was bad though..

Hartville kitchen sweet n sour.
bolthouse farms cilantro avocado.
almost any italian from sweet refrigerated marzetti's italian
to strong.

I just usually use a high quality extra virgin olive oil with Bragg "mother" vinegar but sometimes i add fresh minced garlic.

I don't use dressings mostly because they seem to always contain soy bean oil and other ingredients i'd rather not consume.

I make my own Italian dressing.
1 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
3/8 cup balsamic vinegar
3/8 cup Bragg’s cider vinegar
3 Tablespoons of water
1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
No Salt

I usually just splash olive oil and some kind of vinegar on my salad. Balsamic, red wine, rice wine, etc. Maybe some salt and pepper. Sometimes I'll also make dressing out of mayo and cider vinegar.

tastes like crayons
That's funny, strikes a chord. I know what they taste like. Do children even use crayons today? Most don't use salad dressing because it is used on 'green food' BTW, the orange ones taste best.

I just use vinegar and oil on mine.

Ken’s is pretty good. But if it’s ranch, it’s better with Hidden Valley Ranch in packets that are mixed with milk and mayo. They already have buttermilk powder. They have a variety of different styles including dips which have to be mixed with buttermilk, as well as a “restaurant style”, whatever that is. I think the packet is the most common package, but they also come in larger containers where the mix has to be measured out. And it is ironic that it’s from our friends at Clorox.

51lTwc2RFOL.jpg

I just finished a bottle of this off and cannot find it anymore. I wrote the company and they replied they are researching it. they seem to be more a distributor that contracts out the manufacturing.

Oak Hill Farms Farm House Collections French Dressing

vitafoodproducts.com is the distributor.

Back