your driving shoes and gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No gloves ever, except for winter gloves for the first 5 minutes at -20C. For autocross I just wear some comfortable light hiker/trainer shoes as you end up standing alot of the time. I guess our fast guy wears actual racing shoes so maybe its worth doing?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: pandus13
People wear gloves to drive?

People live in area where there is a magic white stuff (reindeer and stuff and hohoho) on the ground which also brings enough cold to stick/glue your hands to the wheel...

The bulky winter gloves may not be adequate or be down-right dangerous because of grip problems....
crackmeup2.gif
Oh.

And the thick or thin issue takes another dimension
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
crackmeup2.gif
Oh.

And the thick or thin issue takes another dimension
laugh.gif

Soft material (Synth base)
Good grip (lot's of VII)
Non fatigued, non frozen fingers (produced in the last 10 years?)

vs

leather (conventional)
apply leather conditioner (add pack)
additional wool inner/liner gloves (new color bottle)

Last edited:
I wear thin leather gloves when driving, but try to minimize how much I wear them.

Driving in boots (snow, work, etc) is clunky but doable. I usually wear snow boots to get out to the car (shoveling), but then gore tex hiking boots to drive if the conditions are bad.

In nice conditions I wear whatever I have on or what I intend to wear at my destination.

I feel like I should have been wearing driving gloves for a while. I seem to have scratched the heck out of my steering wheel somehow. Probably will start wearing gloves whenever I get around to replacing or reupholstering the wheel.

My other standard footwear are Taiwanese Army jungle boots (like US Army but lower quality, without the Panama sole cleats and brass leach-strainer drain holes). I wear black ones for teaching, so they are my Blackboard Jungle Boots.

They aren't very heavy so sometimes (if I might be entering jungle, for example) I drive in them, but I'm pretty used to barefoot driving by now so that feels, and probably is, a bit unsafe.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Whatever is on my feet, from carpet slippers to heavy duty work boots. Stick or auto, it's simple enough.

Claud.

Ditto. When the car warms up, off come the hat and mittens.

I don't think I have a pair of shoes that I can't wear comfortably for hours. I might not want to walk cross country in them, but all of them are good enough to drive in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back