You guys that run full-syn Magnatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy it for the intelligent molecules !!!! I like the oil and am running it my daughters car and my p/u. Full syn or blend either way. It keeps the parts separated.

Originally Posted By: Wurlitzer
Liquid earplug additives?

You should trademark that before someone else does.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

wink.gif

Easy. When I go swimming and get water in my ears, it greatly diminishes my ability to hear. The problem though is how you get those liquid earplugs out.

Originally Posted By: igs
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: igs
Someone on here said it has some group 5 oil mixed in to make it magnetic.

They did? Someone has discovered magnetic organic molecules then.

Originally Posted By: SR5

Also, the "intelligent" or polar molecules are probably a small amount of Group V added to the mix.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4456348/CT8#Post4456895

Yes that was me. No insider knowledge, but the old (90's & 00's from memory) Castrol Magnatec had spec sheets the actually stated in writing that it contained esters, which were the polar molecules that attached to the metal surfaces, then they started using marketing speak about intelligent molecules.

I have been clearly told that the formula has since changed and no longer contains esters. But nobody uses Group I anymore in a modern SN oil, Group II and III and IV are all non-polar, while Group V includes Esters and everything else. So if it contains a polar molecule, it must be Group V since that includes everything not listed in Group I to IV.

Group V is a grab-bag term. It's probably an Alkylated Naphthalene (AN), as these seem to be replacing esters in some high performance oil, but that AN is just a guess.

BTW I didn't say Group V was magnetic, I said it was a polar molecule that can attach to a metal surface. The silly marketing people may call this an "intelligent molecule", but I prefer the term "polar".

I don't know about any intelligent molecules or liquid ear plugs... but I chose to run it in my motorhome because it was the cheapest name brand synthetic I could find at Wal-Mart that meets Ford spec.

If it clings to engine parts .01% more than other oils then that makes me happy considering the MH sits around for much of its life.

I did a service on my neighbors car recently. It's a Hyundai... something... I forget. 2012 or 13 I'm pretty sure, port injection, not DI. It had the most annoying valve train clatter. She always had the dealer service it. I poured one of my jugs of 5w30 magnatec into it and it went DEAD silent.

She was amazed. She said the car sounded like that for as long as she could remember and the dealer told her it was normal.

So I have to say I'm a believer in whatever special sauce is in the green jugs.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Garak

wink.gif

Easy. When I go swimming and get water in my ears, it greatly diminishes my ability to hear. The problem though is how you get those liquid earplugs out.
You put Seafoam in your ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back