YMMV Mobil 1 European 5w-40 5 qt 3 pack $24.47 at select Walmart stores

What exactly did you ask customer service. Did you tell them you ordered a six pack and received a single?

That's what I started with, but they easily get confused. I said:

"I ordered 4x multipack, but received 4x single pack", to which they asked:

"So how many pieces did you receive vs ordered?", and when I said I got 4 instead of 24, then they jumped to their script about Quantity, signature on delivery, process a chargeback...

So I followed up with "Can't I just try to return to the local WM and process a return?" , and they were unsure and just said I could try but they mask ask for the ordered Qty back (which you and I know, likely is still 4 SKUs of a single unit).

So I'll go ahead and start the return online and if it craps the bed at the local store, I'll just keep 'em and start a chargeback.

1 of 2 boxes delayed
1712334420430.jpg

So I'll go ahead and start the return online and if it craps the bed at the local store, I'll just keep 'em and start a chargeback.
It's been a couple years, but they will take them back no problem. It will ring up as a SKU for 1 jug, just as they got picked.

The M1 5w40 thing was an anomaly. A wise person in here stated that it worked because that was a true "Case of 3." Not a description error of Pack of 3,6,9,12, etc.

Edit: hat tip goes to @AKhan87 from Konvict Muzik

1712335492078.jpg

Last edited:
The thread title says

Mobil 1 European 5w-40 5 qt 3 pack $24.47 at select Walmart stores.​

Not, I bought 6 packs or 12 packs of vaporware that is an obvious and known price error.​

My multipack qty of 6 turned out to be qty 1 - really as expected.

I did a chat and they refunded the amount. Said I did not need to return anything. Excellent customer service - in fairness it was there description being wrong. Last time I did just return it, so eventually screwing up needs to hurt.

So I am now 2 of 4.

Most recent that worked said "pack of 3" and showed a box.

An earlier one that worked said multipack qty 3 and showed 3 jugs in the picture

The two that did not work used similar wording, but showed only one bottle.

I am not going to say its definitive - but that was my experience so far.

Back