Year-Round Sale of E15 Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our newer fleet vans love ethanol, they are all flex-fuel and run excellent on E15. Mileage decrease is slight, but noticeable. Since they can run all day at 1500 rpm sitting still I have no real world mileage results. Just pretend we're talking about a bigger oil filter!

I won't put it in anything else.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
Yes, the E15/88 Octane fuels are showing up more and more in this market. Kwik trip in particular likes to show this as the "low fuel price" on their sign, then hits you or another 5 cents a gallon if you only want regular E10 87 octane... Its become annoying to keep track of what product is what these days.

Many Holiday stations appear to have added the same Super 88 Octane /E15 blend, but the labeling on their pumps hasn't been all that great in my mind.

I've tried E15 in my 2016 F150 (desgined for it an allowed per the owners manual). Based on decreased fuel mileage we'll pass next time...

How is the E15 compared to E85. I recently ran a few tanks of E85 in my 2012 5.0 F-150 and it actually ran pretty well. MPG seems to have dropped 1 or 2 MPG, but other than that it runs good. I found it for $1.89 vs $2.70 so I gave it a try. Smells like corn whiskey when I start it in the garage in the morning.

Last edited:
E15 is 7 cents less per gallon at the QT stations around here. I've been using it for about six months. The car (Mazda3 Skyactiv) performs very well using it. Without controlled testing I can't really put a value to that. The fuel economy remained virtually unchanged in the cooler months. Now that it's warmer it seems like I MIGHT have dropped 1 mpg, but as previously stated, not a controlled study and probably not statistically significant. If the ECM adjusts timing for the slightly higher octane, as others have suggested related to Mazda's engines, the perceived performance improvement may be real. Long term effects? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back