Schmeisser 60 Round AR-15 Mags ($27.99)

Gun Mag Warehouse now has Schmeisser ATI 60 round AR-15 mags on sale for $34.99. These models have the window. These are quad stack design, and they feed well, and are reliable. This is the lowest price I've seen them for. I ordered 5 of them, and they're coming tomorrow.

You will put your eye out with one of those Thanks for the heads up !

That is a good price. Still haven’t tried out the first couple I got (other priorities) but picked up a couple more. Cheers!

How reliable are they?
If you scroll down on the Gun Mag Warehouse page I linked, they get very good reviews. (4-1/2 out of 5 stars in 85 reviews). Here are a couple videos about them.

(Both videos show 60 round mag dumps). The top video shows the mag operating in full auto. The lower video shows a it with a 60 round mag dump in semi auto. (He mentions that he actually had 62 rounds in the mag).

The lower video states and shows there is a sticker on the package that says there may be a reliability issue if using .300 Blackout ammunition. If I'm not mistaken, those are first generation magazines. (Some of the first generation magazines also had some issues with the bolt not locking back after the last round)

Subsequent Gen 2 models do not contain this sticker, or have the last round bolt lockback issue, because the follower was redesigned. (I know the ones I previously purchased were Gen 2, and have no such sticker).

The biggest complaint seems to be the difficulty in loading it to full capacity. They are a dual spring magazine. And as a result they're under heavy spring tension when loaded all the way. But it's nothing that a Up Lula magazine loader won't take care of.

I just thought I would reboot this. They've dropped the price down to just $27.99! And that's for the windowed version. I just ordered 4 more. $28 bucks each is almost a giveaway.

Last edited:
I have yet to try them, though I have bought several. Just haven’t had that rifle to the range lately…. Let us know how well they work, the design is certainly clever. The Magpul D-60 works well, but is a bit of a pain to load.

So far this is my third order on these things. My first order were the non window version. They ran fine in both of my Colts, (6920 and 6940). The second batch I bought were the window model.

They ran well my Bushmasters, (older Bushmaster guns before the Remington takeover). The windowed version also ran fine in both of my LWRC piston AR's.

I shot them with just 10 rounds, 30 rounds, and 40 rounds. As well as filled to capacity. The last 10 rounds were against hard spring pressure as you can imagine. I could get 62 rounds in 2 of the window mags. But only 60 in the non window.

With 60 rounds it gives quite a bit of added weight, but nothing compared to those 100 round BETA twin snail drum mags.

I didn't do any "mag dumps", but 3, 4, and 5 round rapid fire bursts all fed fine, in all of the guns, with both the window and without. Regardless of how many were in the magazine.

I run my AR very wet, with plenty of lube, and never had a misfeed. I actually found them to be as reliable as any 30 round P-Mag. Pretty much flawless.

I can't vouch for any "drop tests" because I didn't do any.

Back