Wrangler...w/ Manual Windows

Wife's new toy arrived; Wrangler Sport 6 speed manual, manual lights and wind up windows. Only options are A/C and A/T tires. Knew I liked her :D 8 week wait.

Fun car, bit crude, but that adds to the fun. It is what it is.

Pro's
Its an open top Wrangler and there is nothing else like it new...
Ride isn't bad, a little hobby horse pitching, but not harsh
Top is about as simple as it can be, still fiddly
Interior material quality is much better than I expected
This car exists for things like beach permits
Transmission has a great feel, precise, short throws

Con's...irritants more than complaints
Feels caged in w/ the... beefy cage a modern necessity..lucky we can even have a new open 4 wheeler
Clutch is way too light w/ no feel...catering to the college girl crowd, they buy a lot of 'em
Reverse lockout is in a bad spot; right where your fingers wrap over the gear knob
Gauge illumination defaults to bright when you turn off car..maybe able to be changed, need to look into it

Summary; FUN

Have to remember it is her car and not go out and add my touches...but it needs fogs, E Codes....

w w a.jpg

w w b _LI (2).jpg

Wife's new toy arrived; Wrangler Sport 6 speed manual, manual lights and wind up windows. Only options are A/C and A/T tires. Knew I liked her :D 8 week wait.

Pro's

Feels caged in w/ the... beefy cage a modern necessity..lucky we can even have a new open 4 wheeler
Clutch is way too light w/ no feel...catering to the college girl crowd, they buy a lot of 'em
Reverse lockout is in a bad spot; right where your fingers wrap over the gear knob
Gauge illumination defaults to bright when you turn off car..maybe able to be changed, need to look into it

Summary; FUN

Have to remember it is her car and not go out and add my touches...but it needs fogs, E Codes....

View attachment 65358
View attachment 65359
I4 turbo ?

Nice color for sure. I enjoy driving them at work when they come in. Just hope it has a real key lol. I see tons with crank windows. Not too many stick ones come in though majority are automatic but I guess that’s what everyone wants today.

Pro's

Summary; FUN

View attachment 65358
View attachment 65359
That's a pure Jeep!

I've had the JL with the 3.6 and manual transmission for 3.7 years now and LOVE it! I hope your Jeep takes you on countless adventures!

What part of the reverse lockout has to do with the shift knob? Newest manual transmission I have driven was 2006ish. The only reverse lockout I ever knew of was my 5 speed s10 that wouldn’t let you go from 5th to reverse without pulling the stick back to the middle of the pattern.

What part of the reverse lockout has to do with the shift knob? Newest manual transmission I have driven was 2006ish. The only reverse lockout I ever knew of was my 5 speed s10 that wouldn’t let you go from 5th to reverse without pulling the stick back to the middle of the pattern.
Lots of manual transmissions have a ring underneath the knob you lift up with your fingers to disable the reverse lockout. Not sure that's the type on this vehicle, but sounds like it. I've personally only seen them when reverse is placed to the left of the shift quadrant.

I personally like it. Simple. Hydraulic clutch is going to be light, but if you drive it some you will get the feel of it. Nice Lil JEEP !!!!!

Back