Would you buy a bike with 68,000 miles?

I just did and it's a 2004 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom. It's been well sorted and the seller has owned it since 2010 and has put most of the miles on it with service records.
1710862987080.jpg

1710863023197.jpg

It's well cared for and runs great.

Suzukis lean towards the reliable side of motorcycles, especially the 650 WeeStrom. I've had my 400 Burgman since 2009, never had any issues with it except once when it had an unfortunate altercation with some aggressive concrete, i.e. I dumped it. Broke some of the tupperware. I'd buy the V-Strom it 'cept I don't ride much anymore.

popular scooter

1710864379320.jpg

pinterest

Any moto is better than no moto in my book. Enjoy that V-strom! My first moto was a Suzuki SV650 which shares a very similar V-twin engine but only 650cc. It had great low end torque and decent sound, really good on fuel too, so I imagine the 996cc will get you moving swiftly.

I see some road trips in your future!

Those V Stroms will run forever with very basic maintenance. I would not hesitate to buy that bike with 68,000 miles or 168,000 miles if its been looked after. It looks to be in great shape.
I am not a Suzuki lover either (look up exploding 3rd gear in DR650's) but those bikes are the Crown Victorias of the bike world.

I have 66k miles on my big-bore stroker 1st gen 'Busa. It's proven to be reliable, even at 1600+ CC's, and 285 rwhp.

Your new-to-you V-Strom that has been well-maintained, should have many miles left.

I bought a new DL1000 in 2008, same color as yours. These bikes are near bulletproof just Be sure to keep up on your valve adjustments. I love the whine of the gear drive motor at and just off idle. The center stand is the first mod I done to mine, makes chain maintenance a breeze. The 1,000 is a bit heavy compared to the wee and one needs to be tall to flat foot it. I’m 6’4” and never had a problem. They’re a blast on fire roads and will cruise at 80 mph+ all day long! My top box had a built in back rest but my wife hated that bike. She never felt comfortable on it being “perched” so high on the seat so I sold it after a few years and bought another Electraglide with the BarcaLounger seat and armrests. ;) Happy wife happy life! Be sure to check out Stromtroopers.com and advrider.com for an amazing forum. I remember reading about a guy who rode his Vstrom from Keywest Florida to the Arctic circle and back!😲 Ride safe!

it is a good workhorse and reliability should be good.
In the uk they can suffer from corrosion. Then again the weather is so bad here, we all suffer from corrosion:(

Back