Would anyone buy a Saab 9-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of misinformation here. 9-3 mk2 was based on a GM ipsilon platform like the Vectra C. Car was/is safe (certainly better engineered body wise than anything Asian of that age), handles well and is relatively reliable for a fairly complex car. Friend had a 1.9 diesel Auto and car was very pleasant to drive. A little plastic on the inside.

Internet and the press were all over it because people consider it as an premium and car wasn't as complete as C class or 3 series. Obviously, reason is because it was built from the GM parts. That isn't a bad thing because SAAB was also a lot cheaper, especially used.

Now these are getting old, you have to be prepared to unload some cash into them- and that is if you buy a good example.

For what is worth, my Vectra at 11 years and 200k is pretty bullet proof, other than front struts, rear shocks and rear lower wishbones no problems whatsoever. No CEL, no strange noises, it drives like a new-ish car.

Last edited:
A family down the street from me has a Saab wagon. I see it parked there every day when I walk my dog. I don't know Saabs, but it has 93 and I think 2.0T on the back. Guess that signifies a 2 liter turbo. It has a light blue paint color, it's a nice looking wagon. Will ask him about it if I see him in the yard.

They also have a Volkswagen Golf. They just really like wagons, it seems. I'd be curious which one they like better. The Saab is definitely larger than the Golf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back