2014 Mazda 6- Thoughts?

Hey all,

My brother has owned this car since 2015(purchased with 15,000 miles). He may be selling soon, and would sell to me for a great price. I am not necessarily in the market but the car would actually be good for my upcoming 90mi/day commute when we move back to Phx( I believe it's rated at 37hwy).

Anyways, car has 162,000 miles and is mostly in good shape. Needs updated maintenance, etc.

Anyone have experience with these, good bad etc? Much appreciated, we have a 2018 CX-9 that we really like.

been reading about Mazda sky active tech, impressive! + NO CVT a good thing IMO. skyactive G is current with unproven more complicated X for 2024. if in the market i would surely look at any Mazda. older higher mileage anything can be a crap shoot but if correctly upkept can save $$$$. lots of info on-line so read + learn, good luck

We had a 2017 Mazda 6 that was totaled by some ol' boy in a Walmart parking lot. Up to 92,000 miles it was totally solid. I'd bought my Toyota 3 days before that and had given the Mazda to my wife. She went into the store to pick up some groceries and came out to an accordion. 🫤

We had a 2017 Mazda 6 that was totaled by some ol' boy in a Walmart parking lot. Up to 92,000 miles it was totally solid. I'd bought my Toyota 3 days before that and had given the Mazda to my wife. She went into the store to pick up some groceries and came out to an accordion. 🫤
Totaled in a parking lot? how does this happen with speeds less than 20mph?

Totaled in a parking lot? how does this happen with speeds less than 20mph?
The old guy was backing out of his spot, scraped against the car next to him, tried to hit the brakes but missed and hit the gas, and plowed into said Mazda. He must have built up a fair amount of steam from one row to another. It really was beyond repair. He was 86 at the time. Felt bad for the guy, his wife was not in good health and he was there to help her out.

I get about 33-35 in my 2017 Mazda 6, mixed driving. ~40 miles per day highway, 80mph light traffic, ~10-15 miles backroads and/or soccer (dad) duties. Should be the same engine as mine is the last model before cylinder deactivation.

Thanks for the tips, sounds like it's a good car.

As for rust, no issue at all as it's been an Arizona car its whole life 🍻

Back