wiper blade recommendations

Hi all,
It's time for new wiper blades on my 2018 Chevy Equinox. I've heard things about Bosch Icons but can't find both sizes I need. I'm looking at the Rain X AdventEdge and the Trico Ultra wipers. What are your thoughts on these options?
Thanks!

Rain-x makes good wipers, trico is also good.

Either will be great, you can extend the life of them by spraying them with silicone spray every month or two

I like PIAA. I recently bought a Michelin silicone wiper and have found it to swipe very nicely, though it’s connection head is clunky and the spring in it seems a bit weak. But the wiper is nice.

Just looked up blades for my mom and O'reilly is running a BOGO on Bosch Pure Vision.

I've had good experience with Bosch, Trico and Rain-X.

Costco sells either Goodyear or Michelin brand, I know a lot of people like them but I've found them to be hit or miss personally. But when on sale for $10 a pop it's hard to pass up on.

I always jump on the Trico wagon. I have the Trico Force on my Lucerne, installed Sept 2020, still quiet and doing their job. On the Sierra I always go with Trico Neoform, installed Nov 2020 and they are just now getting a bit noisy but wiping clean. Always find the best deals at Amazon with my 5% discount. On the wife's Caddy I have the ClearView from AAP which I believe are made by Trico, they must be ok or I'd hear about it.

I've had good luck with OEM replacements and the Michelin Guardian Hybrids from Costco.
I'd buy either one again without a second thought.
Not a Chevy driver but Toyota OEM refills are above and beyond better than any aftermarket (my opinion). For my wife's Subaru, OEM are too spendy so I just snag a "top of the line" brand when a store has a sale. Costco would be similar from the brand I've seen them carry if the price is as good as some of the buy one get ones at auto stores throughout the year.

PIAA

They are expensive but they last forever. I have had the same set on my car since December of 2019 and still going strong. I used to replace OEM/Bosch/Trico type blades every 8-12 months.

My go to lately has been the rain-x Expert Fit line. relatively inexpensive, they just plain fit and work, and usually available at your Local Walmart. (one of the few things i use wally for.)

.. infact i think i remember something about them being exclusive to Walmart and Pep Boys... is PepBoys still a thing?.... never had one around here....

I recommend any BEAM style wiper blade brand of your choice.

Also, if you can’t find your exact size in your favorite/preferred brand, it doesn’t harm your outward vision if you put on a blade that is 1”- 2” shorter.

Look at it this way. If for example, you have a 27” blade on your driver side and you put on a 25”, you’re only sacrificing 1” at to
he to & 1” at the bottom. And you lose nothing in the major part of the windshield where you are looking through.

The passenger side is a different story due to most are already short(er).

Last edited:
Just installed my second set of Trico Ultras. Very nice wipers and may be one of the only ones left that are still Made in USA. Note that only the Ultras are listed as American made. I believe their other lines are made in Mexico.
I Purchased mine at Costco in Canada. I believe Carquest also has them. You may be able to find them at other places and certainly online.

Attachments

• 7954F57E-BB9B-46A2-8C41-6C0A01D3B70A.jpg
    7954F57E-BB9B-46A2-8C41-6C0A01D3B70A.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
  • CC33B4DB-39F8-4B81-A750-F0B062CB794D.jpg
    CC33B4DB-39F8-4B81-A750-F0B062CB794D.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi all,
It's time for new wiper blades on my 2018 Chevy Equinox. I've heard things about Bosch Icons but can't find both sizes I need. I'm looking at the Rain X AdventEdge and the Trico Ultra wipers. What are your thoughts on these options?
Thanks!
So far I have had the best performance from Rain X and VALEO Titanium; Beam Style. Both are holding up for 2 years now with zero maintenance.

We sell trico exact fit conventional blades and trich tech beam blades. I put the techs on my cars, the ones on my suburban are 2 years old and still clean well no chattering

I’ve got Rain X Silicone AdvantEdge blades on both vehicles, so far I’m very happy with them. Currently have 6-7 months on them with the truck and 4 months on the van. The Trico Ultra’s I had were chattering after only 6 months.

Back