Winter Projects - What have you been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm curious to see what everyone has been working on this winter. It has been a busy one for me, so far on the 911 I have:

Installed a new sound system, including 8 speakers, two amplifiers, two 8" subwoofers with custom enclosures, and a Kenwood deck. I also installed the GT3 center console delete trim at the same time.

Removed a key from the passenger seat rail to allow the seat to move all the way forward - now my daughter can get in and out! I found a booster seat that fit too, which was a challenge.

Swapped the K&N intake filter for an aFe Pro Dry S.

All new bulbs in the headlights. I'm really happy with how these came out; all the bulbs are in the 5000-5500k range and look really crisp. I also swapped the interior bulbs to LED.

Aluminum pedals and some aluminum trim for my gauges.

Replaced the oil pump relief valve spring and piston with the 997 parts.

Installed a 71° thermostat and replaced a few of the coolant hoses that were weeping. Used up most of my coolant stash too - I managed to get almost all 6 gallons out.

I also had some new tires installed. Cheap but decent all season to get me through to summer - when I think it's new wheel + tire time.

For the house I knocked together some shelves for our Lego collection and books, and completed my semi-annual driveway cleaning. I can't stand the brake dust staining!

Originally Posted by BJD78
Working on being retired and that is good enough for me.

Same here.

I just replaced all the sink drains in all four bathroom sinks last weekend. Glad I finally checked that one off the list. I had been putting it off for a couple of years

Finished setting my house on it's permanent supports around the foundation. Welded the rear frame stiffeners in the Jeep. Also broke up and patched a spot of garage slab that was bad.

Painted some rooms.
some clean-up (I moved from a house to a condo...Space, the Final Frontier!)

Made a piano notes holder. "painted" with gel stain used as a paint (no wiping)

some more painting (SW 7029)
patch lots and lots and lots of hanging pictures holes
re-set a toilet (hooray for rocking people... not)
changed 4 faucets and 5 drains (hooray for over-tightened plumbing stuff, not)
changed all bulbs to LED
changed 3 toilets
clean a house after old people + dog
painted kitchen cabinets (still working on skill set; it will be a partial re-do)

To DO:
-wash cars?
-repair/replace garbage disposal

A number of upgrades on my 10 month old F150. New LED bulbs on pretty much whole truck, Forscan changes, new front component and rear coaxial Infinity speakers and Kicker amp, took off and painted and reinstalled my Blistein 5100 rear shocks, added trailer brake controller. Fixed a toilet. Winterized and boat and trailer (bearings). Replaced house water and furnace filters. Changed oil in vehicles. I don't know all the things, these are what I remember since about Halloween without thinking too hard about it, but seems like I am always fixing or upgrading something on the vehicles or house. Doing taxes Sunday.

Just dumb prius stuff. Wife had a wobble in her snow tire rim and I finally found some round ones. Aftermarket American Racing, 1999 era, quantity of three. Impossible to find 5x100 15" rims that clear the front brakes up here at any reasonable price. New 12V battery. New TPMS sensor. Cheezy fog lamps. M1 0w30 quickie oil change in 5-degree weather. Cabin filter. Replaced wife's CHMSL that she smashed, along with the spoiler, into an open garage door by backing with the liftgate open.

It's not really great weather for garage projects so I'm keeing things pretty light. Try to get a surge of maintenance done in late-fall so I can coast through the winter.

I must be getting old and wealthy-ish as I just paid a guy to fix the flashing around my chimney. 2.5 story house and a slippery metal roof had me saying nope to DIY.

We, Son and I, bought a 75 GMC shortbed stepside basket case, No engine but we have a 327 4 bolt truck engine. It has the granny gear 4 speed and NP 205 transfer case. Bought it for parts for the 77 that we purchased new but you know how it is the 75 is saying save me save me.

I started my new job(Commonwealth's Attorney); it's a six year term, and when it ends I'll be 68 and I'm retired for the second time.
As for automotive project, I installed new plugs in the Clubman and I have new rear speakers for the Club Sport- that's it until spring.

Procrastinating replacing my Caliber's thermostats. The cardboard "water proofed" with duck tape has been working great...kicking myself for not doing it when it was in the 40s now

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by BJD78
Working on being retired and that is good enough for me.

Same here.

smile.gif

Looking for my next role....

~25 years w/ the company, from Associate Financial Analyst to Senior Director to "..don't let the door hit you...". We got acquired and most of G&A management went. I bought myself time by leading part of the integration, essentially worked my way out of a job, but time to move on. Treated very fairly and no hard feelings, these things happen....

Finished painting room for baby #2. Had to move my office space to my basement! So next up is my basement. With the weather, any car work will wait to Spring!

OP, sounds like you were busy!

Waiting for spring.

Wife is busy looking at how to replace our house, so that will be spring's big project. Me, I'm trying to avoid being depressed over the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back