Winchester TS26 Gun safe installing Goldenrod

I would have to look after I pull the safe away from the wall, what did you do with yours just stuck to cord through and that was it?
It's been awhile.

There was already a grommet supplied........I just opened the safe and stuck my head all down in there to look.

Yes, I ran the cord through then terminated the 120V plug on the cord and plugged it in. Now I recall being super lucky the outlet was not directly behind the safe

Thank you for all your help looking for something. I really appreciate it.
No worries. You want the RH in your safe lower than the room as we all do.

It's crazy the stuff that stored from my working days.

I knew from earlier aerospace life about acetic cure RTV. Different later job I was in a factory in China and they were just starting assembling a widget for the company I worked for - and phew I smelled strong vinegar. They were using the wrong RTV. Typical. They had to rework a few hours work since I arrived at 9 AM or something. Luckily there was a supplier in Hong Kong with the right stuff for the next day.

Use some Boveda Packs to raise the level. Come in different humidity levels. Surprised that it is that low.
They will also regulate at the level they’re advertised for. Use them for my humidor.

Also, I keep a bluetooth hygrometer in mine so I can read the temp/humidity levels on my phone.
Edit: It’s set to send me push notifications if it exceeds the levels I set.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 18.38.08.jpeg

Last edited:
I just put a dial gauge in there, that I checked the digital one against before, and they both ran about the same.. but this is what it's reading right now..

IMG_20240206_183352093.jpg

Try those Boveda packs for a while. They come in larger sizes as well. Don’t be afraid to use several at a time in differnt spots.

Back