will CK4 diesel oil harm a non EGR diesel engine?

I have a Kubota bx1880 sub compact utility tractor with a 0.722 liter 3 banger diesel. It only has 16 hp so no EGR is equipped on it. The Kubotas owners manual recommends 10w30 or 15w-40 for multi grade oil. what's interesting is that they have two sections for oil rating. One is for non EGR engines and the other is for ones equipped with an EGR.

Anyway, the owner's manual recommends old CF, CG and CI oils etc for EGR and non EGR engines. No mention of CJ4 or CK4. I dont know where to even buy CJ oil

I dont think CJ oil has been produced since 2016.

so my question is, isnt CK4 the only available diesel oil in the USA?

I have a Kubota bx1880 sub compact utility tractor with a 0.722 liter 3 banger diesel. It only has 16 hp so no EGR is equipped on it. The Kubotas owners manual recommends 10w30 or 15w-40 for multi grade oil. what's interesting is that they have two sections for oil rating. One is for non EGR engines and the other is for ones equipped with an EGR.

Anyway, the owner's manual recommends old CF, CG and CI oils etc for EGR and non EGR engines. No mention of CJ4 or CK4. I dont know where to even buy CJ oil

I dont think CJ oil has been produced since 2016.

so my question is, isnt CK4 the only available diesel oil in the USA?
There are a few (maybe two or three) still making CI-4; Mobil Delvac MX, Lucas high TBN, and CI-4+ Amsoil AME.

Most just use the CK-4 as it is backwards compatible with all the specifications previous.

@Redhawk454 CK4 won’t hurt your system. The new CK4 oils are formulated to prevent DPF & SCR poisoning. You’ll be fine whatever brand oil you like with no worries.

Just my $0.02

Back