Why is gas going up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another refinery fire? New tax? It's gone up $.70 in the last 10 days here. I just took this pic 5 minutes ago ...Raaaarrr!

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_160655566.jpg
    IMG_20230613_160655566.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 98
SPR is running low…
Nah, it’s one of those government agencies that requires handholding to actually serve its role of stabilizing prices.

From what I’ve heard there are a bunch of cry babies in there and in congress that don’t want to set upper and lower targets like an investor or central bank would do.

Buy low sell high and given the mass of the reserve it would smooth out BS, sadly they are crying like babies and don’t want to follow simple instructions and continue to buy above target despite being told to stop months ago. Add to this congress is mandating sales and still the message isn’t getting through.

A commodities investor akin to the Fed bank would need to become the lead of that organization to hopefully clear out the bums and red tape.

I was blocked by that guy from Texas (with 15,000 posts) on here who works in the industry for saying the oil industry is corrupt and gas goes up (substantially) every summer like clockwork. He took offense.

Empirically I have decades of daily dated diesel and rug fuel prices from my then local stations .

Everytime diesel goes down in price gas prices go up, (including right now) when gas goes down in price diesel usually stays high. You could set a clock by the behavior but if you mention it everyone goes insane.

Only once have I got an honest answer that they make the same money one way or another.

fuel prices are a global market and the price is effected by a mirage of many things. opec, us, Russia and Venezuela all have a hand. another contributing factor is production cost which can be effected by regulation, locally and globally.

Nah, it’s one of those government agencies that requires handholding to actually serve its role of stabilizing prices.

From what I’ve heard there are a bunch of cry babies in there and in congress that don’t want to set upper and lower targets like an investor or central bank would do.

Buy low sell high and given the mass of the reserve it would smooth out BS, sadly they are crying like babies and don’t want to follow simple instructions and continue to buy above target despite being told to stop months ago. Add to this congress is mandating sales and still the message isn’t getting through.

A commodities investor akin to the Fed bank would need to become the lead of that organization to hopefully clear out the bums and red tape.

Empirically I have decades of daily dated diesel and rug fuel prices from my then local stations .

Everytime diesel goes down in price gas prices go up, (including right now) when gas goes down in price diesel usually stays high. You could set a clock by the behavior but if you mention it everyone goes insane.

Only once have I got an honest answer that they make the same money one way or another.
So what exactly is your bright idea in places where diesel is cheaper than gas right now?

Do you really believe this????
Diesel is cheaper than it’s been in several years, though gas is not
So what exactly is your bright idea in places where diesel is cheaper than gas right now?

As I stated, it’s like clockwork, gas is going up and the diesel is indeed cheaper in this area.

When gas was getting cheaper (a while back) diesel was actually going up still, same behavior I’ve seen since 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back