Why ICE is here to stay for some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you'd need would be new battery components and since GM undoubtedly bought these off the rack anyway, it should be possible to restore one of these to operation as long as the motor and controller are still in place.
GM couldn't brick one of these as Tesla can one of theirs.

All you'd need would be new battery components and since GM undoubtedly bought these off the rack anyway, it should be possible to restore one of these to operation as long as the motor and controller are still in place.
GM couldn't brick one of these as Tesla can one of theirs.
Tesla doesn't brick cars. They take away Supercharging if they think the car has been messed with and they're saying they can't verify the electronics are good. You can still charge anywhere else.

No one is bricking your car. Stop spreading BS. The only thing they have control over with private ownership of their cars is the Supercharging network communication.

Umm
Tesla doesn't brick cars. They take away Supercharging if they think the car has been messed with and they're saying they can't verify the electronics are good. You can still charge anywhere else.

No one is bricking your car. Stop spreading BS. The only thing they have control over with private ownership of their cars is the Supercharging network communication.
...umm, didn't claim Tesla was bricking cars, only that they could, and they can and they don't need their charging network to do it.

Umm

...umm, didn't claim Tesla was bricking cars, only that they could, and they can and they don't need their charging network to do it.
Ok, that’s literally what you said. That’s what I responded to. Theoretically it could be possible if that’s what you’re saying at least more than an EV1, but there’s still no way for them to actually do it.

I'm pretty sure they can do that. But what I'm thinking is the possibility of disabling a vehicle that's reported stolen. OnStar ads used to talk about remotely disabling stolen vehicles. And they say they can do that.

What if someone steals your car? It’s a question we hear a lot — “can OnStar locate my car?” We sure can. Once law enforcement confirms your vehicle has been stolen, our Advisors use GPS to help authorities find your vehicle. But that’s just the beginning. When it’s safe, we’ll work with authorities to remotely slow it down.*  And with Remote Ignition Block™,*  we can also remotely prevent a thief from restarting your vehicle. If your vehicle is stolen, the OnStar theft protection team has your back. And your car. Our Advisors work with law enforcement to help you get your vehicle back quicker and safer.​

Ummmm you should read his post again.
We were discussing the ev1 by GM.

Ummmm you should read his post again.
We were discussing the ev1 by GM.
I’m aware of what was being discussed. I have reading comprehension skills. Maybe read again what he posted. That said what did GM do with the EV1? They crushed them.

Again, really?

In Europe for EV to be mainstream, there has to be technology that will allow vehicle like Opel Corsa, Ford Fiesta etc. be built as EV, have range 400mls, and cost $20k.
Same goes here.
My point is that 2035 is too optimistic and we will see policy backtracking.
Those all sounds like great specs. Good luck with that. Unfortunately what we want and what becomes available may be two completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back