Why are people buying supertech Dino when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Maybe the WMs in your region are far from the nearest ST bottler (or there's a supply disruption) so they got a deal on CS but Chevron for whatever reason won't sell private label.

Well sort of. Chevron made John Deere Plus 50 HDEO for many years. I think now someone else does ...

Chevron will entertain a contract, but it better be a big one. They won't do loss leaders and discount oils ....

My store doesn't have Chevron oil. They do have Havoline which is priced about what green bottle is priced at. The SuperTech dino and synthetic is made by Amalie here, a very good value.

I just did an oil change on my truck with Chevron Supreme 10/30. Ordered from Walmart. Plan
on doing 10k miles oil changes.

Another reason could be, some folks buy based on familiarity and not just price. I tend to be that way, gravitating to Valvoline and QS products.

Are there cheapest products out there, sure. But, it's an easy button.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A few times a year, Kmart puts Smitty's on sale for prices that put Walmart to shame. It can be found for $7-8 for the 5qt jug! That's what I would use if price (without any rebates) was absolutely the most important thing.

This

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A few times a year, Kmart puts Smitty's on sale for prices that put Walmart to shame. It can be found for $7-8 for the 5qt jug! That's what I would use if price (without any rebates) was absolutely the most important thing.

This

Well....buy it before the Sears Holding Corporation closes down your local Kmart. They were all closed around here.

Putting "Walmart prices to shame"-well there is at least one reason they are not making money.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back