who still use Push Reel Mowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father in law bought one two years ago for his small patch of grass. Menards sells them new. I think you should be able to find them on the net.

I seen them for sell at lowes all the time. try there. I think they cost like $99.00. dont know who makes the good ones. I just know they sell them there.

i could see the novelty of having a push reel mower if you have a small backyard or something, the novelty of it all would be fun. too bad my yard is 1.75 acres and get to be 98 degrees in the shade during summer.

If interested...Wife & I have one that we tried to sell this summer at our Garage sale (No Luck).Like New.. Only used for half of one season. It was hers and she lived in a trailer park before we got married. I think she was asking $20-$25 for it at the sale. Looks like we live just 30 miles east of you if interested!

I bought a scotts model at Home depot a while back for about $100 I've seen them at Sears fo a bit more. Check the width of the cutting blade. I think mine is a 20 inch, but I've seen smaller, cheaper versions.

i used to use one when my then girlfriend, now wife!, lived in a small townhome. it was an realy nice one, with the ball bearings in the wheels, and self sharpening blades. it worked great unless it had rained alot and the grass was still moist or was on the tall side. when the grass had got got enough where you got the stalks with the little pepper looking seeds on the end, you could almost forget it. the thing would just knock em down without cutting, and when ya turned around, to cut in the other direction, they were still standing there. ended up selling at a garage sale, and getting my first gas mower, an el-cheapo murray, with a 3.5 briggs. great little mower by the way. the only reason i see to get a reel is if ya want a lot of exercise or like cutting early in the morn, without getting shot at by the neighbors! then again, there is usualy dew on the grass then, and the reel just doesn't perform well, at least mine didn't, in the moist, wet stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back