Who Makes What Filter? - One more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
champion laboratories manufacutres -

luber finer, champ, mopar, kleener, imperial xl, encore, stp, motorcraft, mxm, kn filters, petro clear, deutsch, vw, trd

About the time it takes to work up a spreadsheet with all the filters and manufactures, the filters will be made by someone else. I just look on the filter box and see where it is made. Tomorrow someone else will be making it.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
i have just purched a caddy cts with a 3.6 vr and want to use the best filter. price is not a factor only us made and the best. thanks for help in choice

I'd put a Mobil 1 on that Caddy.

It's the best filter Champion Labs makes.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
i have just purched a caddy cts with a 3.6 vr and want to use the best filter. price is not a factor only us made and the best. thanks for help in choice

I think that honor now goes to the Royal Purple filter.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: SilverC6

I think that honor now goes to the Royal Purple filter.

Not quite. We have yet to see any particulate data like we have for the M1 and the EaO.

We'll need that data to be able to be able to draw that conclusion.

Most of John Deere's Filters come from Donaldson. All of the Filter manufactures buy from each other,so they can have an greater product line, and service.

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
So who makes Motorcraft Oil Filters for Ford?

Purolator. It should already have been covered in this thread.

They are made by Champion labs,
from a post further up this page -
champion laboratories manufacutres -

luber finer, champ, mopar, kleener, imperial xl, encore, stp, motorcraft, mxm, kn filters, petro clear, deutsch, vw, trd

My Motorcraft FL820S filters are made by Purolator.

That is interesting, I wonder if those filters were made by Purolator but that Champ makes the Motorcraft filters now. I cut open a Motorcraft filter and it does not look like a Purolator I cut open but looks like a Mopar filter I have cut open, which according to their website they make.
MotorcraftParts.jpg

PurolatorParts.jpg

This is a Purolator made MotorCraft

The oval slots (not always) with the thread stamped into it is a Purolator trademark in the MC and Mopar filters

That should have 3 (slot) 4 (slot) 16 (slot) ...or 3/4-16 thread.

100% Purolator.

MotorcraftParts.jpg

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

That is interesting, I wonder if those filters were made by Purolator but that Champ makes the Motorcraft filters now. I cut open a Motorcraft filter and it does not look like a Purolator I cut open but looks like a Mopar filter I have cut open, which according to their website they make.
MotorcraftParts.jpg

PurolatorParts.jpg

Those are both definitely Purolator filters.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
So, who makes AC Delco filters now? I was in Autozone the other day and picked up a PF52 AC Delco and was suprised by its heft. The STP and Delco PF52 Used to be the exact same length and weight, but I put the two side by side for comparison and the STP is shorter and not as heavy as the Delco. I'm assuming that the Delco is no longer made by Champion? If so they had to have changed their specs, the old PF52 was never that heavy.

I feel otherwise about AC Delco filters. I used to use them exclusively on my LT1. One day I was going to change the oil and noticed my trusty AC Delco had changed. Now they look cheap and are lighter and no noticeable anti-drain back valve. But I haven't cut one open to see if my feelings are right. I just changed to Napa Gold and haven't looked back.

I believe that Chevy Small Blocks have the anti-drain feature in the block so that it is not needed in the oil filter but I could be totally wrong.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

They are made by Champion labs,

My understanding from this site (post probably long ago) is that Champion Labs makes all factory installed Motorcraft fiters, but that the aftermarket Motorcraft filters (even those sold at the dealership) are made by Puroator.

Wow...long long thread!

would anyone happen to know if Purolator PUREONE Filters are sold under some other brand?

(Canadians - do answer) is it not impossible to find this anywhere!!!...called and been everywhere in my town....nobody seems to sell it....City of Mississauga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back