Who Makes What Filter? - One more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
So who makes Motorcraft Oil Filters for Ford?

They are made by Champion labs,

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
My Motorcraft FL820S filters are made by Purolator.

My understanding from this site (post probably long ago) is that Champion Labs makes all factory installed Motorcraft fiters, but that the aftermarket Motorcraft filters (even those sold at the dealership) are made by Puroator.

Champ makes/made FORD OEM ASSEMBLY LINE filters. Purolator makes Motor Craft® OEM aftermarket filters.

Champ, apparently, can squeeze a nickel 'til it screams.

Who manufactures the Pennzoil Filter now? Still Fram?

Was eyeing the 12.99 deal for 5qts O'reilly oil and a pennzoil filter.

I think it's been at least 6 months since I read about it and saw pictures of the Purolator made filters.

There may still be some non-Purolator made filters on the shelves.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I think it's been at least 6 months since I read about it and saw pictures of the Purolator made filters.

There may still be some non-Purolator made filters on the shelves.

Is there a way to tell the difference just by looking at them?

Most rebadged Purolators have the thread pitch stamped into the base plate. MC, Mopar .. 3 (hole/slot) 4 (hole/slot) 16 (hole/slot) = 3/4-16 thread.

Mobil 1, K & N and now Royal Purple all sell oil filters made by Champion. Are there really significant differences among the specs of each of these brands? Just bought a K & N for the first time in a long while; it sure looks impressive from what I can see!

Originally Posted By: BGK
Mobil 1, K & N and now Royal Purple all sell oil filters made by Champion. Are there really significant differences among the specs of each of these brands? Just bought a K & N for the first time in a long while; it sure looks impressive from what I can see!

K&N and Mobil 1 look exactly the same except for the nut on the K&N canister (I do not know exact specs for the filter material). The Royal Purple is built the same except it is synthetic media.

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Wow...long long thread!

would anyone happen to know if Purolator PUREONE Filters are sold under some other brand?

(Canadians - do answer) is it not impossible to find this anywhere!!!...called and been everywhere in my town....nobody seems to sell it....City of Mississauga...

I have never seen a Pureone filter in my area of Ontario. I to searched high and low for this filter a few years ago.

As for Mazda. Some of the OEM Mazda filters are made by Fram up here in Canada.

Originally Posted By: BGK

just like the other guy said. the m1 and k&n are internally the same.

the new rp has a 'better' synthetic media. there's a couple threads that show the rp insides.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
Wow...long long thread!

would anyone happen to know if Purolator PUREONE Filters are sold under some other brand?

(Canadians - do answer) is it not impossible to find this anywhere!!!...called and been everywhere in my town....nobody seems to sell it....City of Mississauga...

I have never seen a Pureone filter in my area of Ontario. I to searched high and low for this filter a few years ago.

Thx AutoBahn88!....next time I visit States...i will buy TONS!

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
Wow...long long thread!

Benson Auto Parts can get them.

Thanks OVERK1LL, Kitchener and Waterloo seems to have the nearest locations from my place....any idea how much do they sell P1 filters for?

As I am able to get Donaldson filters for $8 a piece locally!

Thanks OVERK1LL, Kitchener and Waterloo seems to have the nearest locations from my place....any idea how much do they sell P1 filters for?

As I am able to get Donaldson filters for $8 a piece locally!

They are expensive, something like 18 bucks. I bought a case of the Donaldson SYNTEQ filters because of that. Of course they don't fit my Expedition so I've got enough of them for the next several decades for the Mustang
wink.gif

uh baldwin makes both fram and wix, which are the same as napa gold. now they build the filters to the designer spec. baldwin filters are basically a generic wix and napa gold filter. fram filters are a marked up super tech filter. super tech is a generic fram.

Originally Posted By: Petrou
uh baldwin makes both fram and wix, which are the same as napa gold. now they build the filters to the designer spec. baldwin filters are basically a generic wix and napa gold filter. fram filters are a marked up super tech filter. super tech is a generic fram.

say what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back