Who here uses High Mileage oil often or always?

My Avalon now has 220,000 miles and has gotten Syn HM oil since I have owned it (140,000).

The Fusion barely has 50,000 so usually get reg Syn oil.

I've been using it lately for my old 1997 Accord has 260k miles on it.
It's actually helped with oil loss , using Pennzoil High Mileage 10W30 regular oil.
Can got about 1200 miles before needing to top off oil .
Previously went 500 or so miles and had to be topped off.

Only time that I use it is if it is 1) cheap or 2) if I detect that the vehicle is using oil.
However, I did pick up a couple of 5qt. jugs of Pennzoil Platinum HM for $8. net over the summer during the TSC clearance.
I may use that in the Mustang. If not, then I'll use them in the truck.

I installed the first use of the Valvoline High Mi oil in place of long used Amsoil (from new) today since we just crossed 200,000
in the 2009 Accord.
Here we :rolleyes: go. This 2009 purrs like a kitten when I started it up after. It was actually getting a bit noisy lately. I did go from the long time used factory recommended 5w20 to 5w30 specifically to see if it would make any difference... I drove it around a good bit today and it still runs so smooth it is unreal for a 200,000 auto. Unheard of years ago so I think we should all be happy it appears the automakers are making some machines that really can last a while with attention and following predictive , preventive maintenance and some LUCK. 🤞

I'll use HM oils when they are the same price as the non HM within a certain brand. For example, I'll use Supertech full synthetic high mileage because it's the same price as their regular full synthetic. From what I've seen the additive packages in the high mileage oils are often more stout and the oils often run a bit thicker.

Back