Who here has satellite radio in your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I enjoy BB King's Bluesville.

That's the thing. In most of the top twenty radio markets-there is not a commercial "Blues" station. IF your lucky you MAY be able to find one on one of the commercial stations-HD bands-if you have a late model HD radio in your vehicle.

Have had it for years and hate having to listen to FM. AM is good for local talk, but that's about it.

There's one truck at work where I can't hook up my phone and will check out how bad FM radio is. Gasp! It's as horrible as I remember it. I don't know how you listen to it.

SXM doesn't have the catalogue that is probably should and the CRB keeps jacking up the royalty fees, which likely decreases the catalogue. Regular radio does not have to pay it.

One thing that is cool about the NASCAR radio is getting to call in and talk to people in the sport. I just called in to the Monday night show and got to talk to Brad Daugherty about the new standard pit guns and got to thank him for talking to me about NASCAR at my work.

I like 70's and the two classic rock channels. When my son is with me we hit the comedy channels.
That time of the year is approaching where Sirius and I do our little dance. They call me for a renewal, the price is horrible, I say shut it off. Sometimes they make me an offer on the spot, sometimes they shut it off and call me a week later.
I wonder what they'll do this year...

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
I like 70's and the two classic rock channels. When my son is with me we hit the comedy channels.
That time of the year is approaching where Sirius and I do our little dance. They call me for a renewal, the price is horrible, I say shut it off. Sometimes they make me an offer on the spot, sometimes they shut it off and call me a week later.
I wonder what they'll do this year...

You can just call in advance. I usually find the retention department number online and call them. I think sometimes regular customer care won't give you the deal but retention always does. Don't do the dance. just tell them you know they could do it and they'll stop.

There are many threads about this over at slickdeals.net. Just search for sirius. Been going on for years.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10985003-siriusxm-12months-for-60-or-6months-for-30

I have had it in cars and Pickups since 04. At some point they reduced the dynamic range to a fraction of what it was, no longer sounds good at all.

Stream it in via Bluetooth and get much better sound now, no more subscriptions...

I have it.....have had it for over 15 years. I bought a lifetime subscription years ago so I pay nothing per month.
I move the radio from vehicle to shop so....

have since 2006. In three vehicles, plus streaming. I love Sirius, have stock as well.

I mainly listen to Stern, but also classic vinyl, classic rewind, some other too.

Can’t stand the compression squeak. I’m an audio guy and I can hear the degraded sound and it’s annoying enough that it takes away from my enjoyment of the music.

I use Spotify on the “extreme” setting and save songs and albums to the phone so I don’t blow up my data plan.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have it, but I also listen to Pandora Plus at times too. I find if you do not beat up XM on the pricing it is not worth it. I currently pay $110 per year for 2 vehicles and if it goes up past that, I will drop it.

THAT is key to having it at an affordable rate. I subscribe for 6 months at a time and always cancel it 2 days before it rolls over and bills me automatically. I have the SELECT package, which is normally around $18/monthly, but once I cancel within a few days they offer me the 'introductory rate' which works out to be about $6/monthly. I then sign back up for 6 months, then repeat the same cancel/resubscribe cat/mouse game for the same rate. Been doing this for about 4 years now and it works every time.

I've had satellite radio service the past 2 years but am cancelling it. Not enough variety of what's played on the channels I like for me to continue having the service.

I have it in the truck, but I have let the subscription lapse. I usually listened to Lithium. I also listened to some of the Comedy. I also enjoyed the football games from anywhere on Sundays...

Main reason I let it lapse was the terrible sound quality. Flat out, its bad.

When I am in non-cell phone areas, I rely on my 16 GB flash drive of music or downloaded music to my phone. There are plenty of options that will let you download via wi-fi, and then playback later that work well enough for me.

Got Sirius XM in my suv. I enjoy listening to The Message and The Coffee House. Well worth the $60 per year so far.

Last edited:
I just cancelled my subscription to XM radio. Was tired of calling every year to get a better deal. Way too many other options to stream music through that XM is not really needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back