Who does the grocery shopping in your household?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of our shopping is done together on weekends.
We'll hit a local phenom megastore called Jungle Jim's, Meijer, Kroger and Aldi's.
We'll also usually hit the library and maybe Kohl's if we have free Kohl's cash and a decent percent off discount.
For weekday necessities, both wife and I drive right past a couple of Krogers on our routes home, so it's only a quick stop to pick up that loaf of bread or bunch of bananas on the way home.
We tend to spend more time shopping during the cold months, since most Saturdays are either too cold or too wet to be doing anything outdoors.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Most of our shopping is done together on weekends.
We'll hit a local phenom megastore called Jungle Jim's, Meijer, Kroger and Aldi's.
We'll also usually hit the library and maybe Kohl's if we have free Kohl's cash and a decent percent off discount.
For weekday necessities, both wife and I drive right past a couple of Krogers on our routes home, so it's only a quick stop to pick up that loaf of bread or bunch of bananas on the way home.
We tend to spend more time shopping during the cold months, since most Saturdays are either too cold or too wet to be doing anything outdoors.

Jungle jims is great! I love the one in Fairfield, OH

I do! I do most of the cooking, so its logical
smile.gif

I have heard alot of positive things about Aldi, and despite having been to Vermont and NY state multiple times, I have never stepped into one! I will be doing so this coming weekend though! Usually Hannaford or Wal-Mart or Price Chopper when in the USA. Up here, Wal Mart, they price match most food stores so I do most this way, but still need to get other items from other stores.. unfortunately its very rare that one store has everything I need, or the quality of produce that is good enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Sounds like a ZZman question

Yes I was shocked when the poster wasn't zzman.

+1 If it was the next post would be "do you use a shopping cart or a carry basket"?

Zzman would post "paper or plastic?" LOL!

How many clowns does it take to change a bulb?

Anyone in Michigan (or maybe it's Wisconsin?) ever been to that place that lets you drink while shopping?

20 something tap levers and various chilled individuals and 6 packs. Take what you want and scan the bar code at checkout.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Anyone in Michigan (or maybe it's Wisconsin?) ever been to that place that lets you drink while shopping?

20 something tap levers and various chilled individuals and 6 packs. Take what you want and scan the bar code at checkout.

There's a place here that does that by the name of Heinen's. They used to have a happy hour where it was a dollar off on a glass of beer. They only have 4 taps though of rotating craft brews but some stores have more options. $4/cup plus you can choose from a ton of individual bottles/cans to build your own six pack. They also have a water chilling tank for wine but I will put bottles of beer in there to get a chilled beer in 7 mins tops. Those are usually around the $2 mark. They have a stir fry bar there where they will cook it up for you. Then go to the café to eat and drink! Plus you can have a growler or half growler filled up there. They also give out one ounce samples for .25 each. So I would get four samples for a buck.

They stopped the happy hour because guys would go to the café and have a few beers. But these beers were pretty potent alc % wise.

Beer Menu

I think Whole Foods has a bar area you can go to as well.

She does all the shopping that's not at Costco.

If it's a Costco trip I'm going, if for nothing more than looking at the cars they have inside
smile.gif

Though....I do get some weird looks when I pop the hood!
laugh.gif

I hate grocery shopping and I usually just end up ticked off before it's over so she doesn't even ask me to go anymore. It's best for both of our blood pressures.

Last edited:
In my house, I do almost all of it. Wife hates Aldi and Walmart where you get the best buys. Hates shopping in general so I generally do it.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Sounds like a ZZman question

Yes I was shocked when the poster wasn't zzman.

+1 If it was the next post would be "do you use a shopping cart or a carry basket"?

Zzman would post "paper or plastic?" LOL!

crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
I go shopping with my wife because she refuses to carry. And the local commercial property owners refuse to deal with the panhandlers.

You're willing to shoot someone asking for change?

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

I go shopping with my wife because she refuses to carry. And the local commercial property owners refuse to deal with the panhandlers.

If you are referring carry a weapon , have you ever assessed where you live?

Love the responses. My 2 sentences are not connected. The first one needs no explanation. The 2nd one refers to the panhandlers who prowl the parking lots and approach you when you're loading the car. It's usually dark when we go and I prefer to interact with them.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Mostly me.
I enjoy shopping.
I find it very relaxing.
Weird

Same here.

It's one of the easiest tasks that I get to do throughout the week, plus after doing it, I feel like I've actually accomplished something.
smile.gif

I rarely set foot in grocery stores. I spend too much time searching for items since I’m not familiar with a particular stores layout. I never realized how many types of lettuce, apples, potatoes etc there are, and you can bet I’ll pick up the wrong one. Wife likes grocery shopping, and can whiz through a grocery store in no time, so we’re good.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Wife and I do it together. LFS. Love Food Shopping. She used to go herself but saw other couples there shopping together and it made her sad.

Why sad?

Because she was alone at the grocery store. Now, we go together. She's happy. Happy wife, happy life. That's her motto.

I do most of it as I work near the good grocery stores. Also I know how to pick good apples, nothing worse than a bag of mediocre apples!

We go together and each take a part of the list my wife keep up to date. Works for us and shortens the time to find everything. I always get a big and gooey pastry to have with coffee when we get home. Love those sticky buns too.

Momma insist i go with her, like leo99 she hates to shop alone, but i enjoy it, like getting my snacks and beer, really like going shopping at Target, WalMart and Costco, always buying something auto related, everytime i do she just rolls her eyes and says i have enough stuff at home.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back