Which Rain-X ?

Just know that if you use those products, windshield * (star) repairs won't be invisible. I had a star on a Ford truck windshield repaired by Safelite and the guy told me if I hadn't used RainX, the repair would be invisible. But he said the repair would hold.
I guess he should have had some glass stripper in his repair kit?
Sounds like excuse.

Silicone wiper blades and Invisible Glass Clean & Repel. I gave up on Rain-X many years ago. I remember the original Rain-X was working well but over time performance decreased. Or maybe other products simply surpassed Rain-X.

Maybe 25 years ago there was an expensive product that came in a one-time-use squeegee that was filled with a two-component resin coating. You'd bend the squeegee and break a glass vial in the applicator squeegee to activate the product. You would apply the product all over the windshield. I remember the applicator squeegee was light blue. The chemical reaction produced heat and there was visible vapor rising from the windshield during application. and let it dry. I'm pretty sure it required a lot of buffing. All smoke and mirrors! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
After the first application of Rain-X, there was light dew on the windshield the next morning (3AM). After the first swipe with the wipers, the dew instantly turned to frost. Never used Rain-X again.

Just read about a new Project Farm test of several products.
I think Aquapel came in first, and Rain-X 3rd. There were about 6 products tested.
They put the test glass in a dishwasher to test it's staying power.
Saw this on one of the Google news articles, but didn't see who wrote it.

Back