Which oils do you want, but they don't make ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: OilUzer
I would try a good synthetic 7.5Wx25 with low noack!

I have used that before. It is available.

Are you serious? Need to research it. I always liked the idea of 7.5W (I know the top guns here think it's not needed and is splitting hairs and i kind of agree) and the 20 weight is growing on me ... Hence my 7.5Wx25 suggestion.
grin.gif

The one that guarantees to make you car run 500,000 miles on one OCI with only a filter change and a top off of less than a half a quart between filter changes at 10K or they pay you double your purchase price and give you a new car.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: OilUzer
I would try a good synthetic 7.5Wx25 with low noack!

I have used that before. It is available.

If you have then all you've used is someone's imagination, which likely extends to the rest of the oil's properties.

Originally Posted By: pbm
... How about a low NOACK 10w20 for warm weather 20 weight applications...
I need that, too! I'm now using 5W-20, whilst wondering whether 10W-30 might better forestall ring coking.

Last edited:
5W-35. API needs to carve out a niche so that fuel-saving 30 weights can exist below 3.3 HTHS, and real 40-weights can exist above 3.7 HTHS. 35 weight then becomes the high performance gasoline engine spec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Conventional 0w20. No need for synthetic in a lease

There is a difference between won't make, and can't make. They can't make a conventional 0W20.

Shell Truck Guard. I sold tons of it back in the 80's. it came in 10w30 and 20w50.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
20W-40 semi-syn with 1,000 PPM Z & P and low NOACK. But Quicksilver 25W-40 does well enough, so ...

Interesting choice, here in Spain a company called Cepsa makes a 20W-40 PCMO that i think is API SF or something, i had a look some weeks ago and the jugs were dated as manufactured March 18 so it's not some ancient stuff that's abandoned on the shelf, probably has 1000ppm or more of z&p

Yeah, but we don't get that sort here ...
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back