Can i use non-Dexos Approved oil ?

ApolloX

Hello guys

i was reading a lot about an oil ( AMSOIL Signuture 0w20 ) - but its not Dexos Appoved so , i've sent an email to Amsoil Support and They said :

(( (The Dexos, Gen 2 is a specification that GM is calling for use. Overall, it takes several aspects of vehicle operation into consideration and how they want the oil to operate. Our ASM satisfies the Dexos, Gen 2 requirements and can be used satisfactorily for warranty coverage in this vehicle )))

then i asked for a specific oil to use it : they said

((( For the best performance and protection, use our 0W-20 Signature Series Motor Oil (ASM). You will not need to use a flush product before switching over to AMSOIL products. )))

so does anyone Tried Amsoil 0w20 before and what do you think

i have Chevrolet spark 2021 LS ( im from saudi arabia )

i spoke with GM Middle East and they told me its over before maybe 3 or 5 months ..
i have checked the engine specs for this vehicle. Amsoil is good oil. you could try Amsoil signature 5w30. chevrolet recommend 0w20 for all climates for the spark with the 1.4 engine in your country, but since it is out of warranty and your country is very warm, Amsoil signature 5w30 would be a good choice.

i have checked the engine specs for this vehicle. Amsoil is good oil. you could try Amsoil signature 5w30. chevrolet recommend 0w20 for all climates for the spark with the 1.4 engine in your country, but since it is out of warranty and your country is very warm, Amsoil signature 5w30 would be a good choice.
u mean 5w20 not 30 - its either 0w20 or 5w20 for this vehicle

You guys have excellent oils in that region such as Total's UAE operation, Gulf Oil, and the regional Castrol's blending plant which still makes the Magnatec. Why not stick with one of those options? I, also, would go with a 5W-30.

Last edited:
You could just stick with the home team and buy some Saudi Aramco owned Valvoline. It has all of the ratings that your vehicle specifies and it's excellent oil.

Obviously you're going to get suggestions for every brand on the market but since you asked about the Amsoil Signature Series and the Dexos rating, note that the Signature Series has no Dexos, API, ILSAC, ACEA or any other approval. But, just like most of the suggestions in many of the posts in this thread, it's recommended for your application.

Back