Which entry level AR is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]

Yes they sell semi-auto to the public. You can get select fire if you follow all the procedures to get a NFA item including the tax stamp. [/quote]

Way too much hassle to go through . I will stick with semi-auto . The older I get , the less I shoot , anyway .

Best of luck to you , :)

As much as I would love to have a select fire AR, that isn't an option here. Plus it wouldn't be much fun with only being allowed to have 10rd magazines.

I've gone the ar pistol route sine the most recent atf clarification on arm braces. PSA 10.5" pistol upper with a PSA lower with sb tactical pdw brace

Cabelos has an Anderson AR for $ 399.95 .

I have an Anderson lower receiver assembled into a rifle . Shoots OK , but I have not shot it a lot .

Last edited:
ROS4100-223.jpg

Here's the Oz version...

I just ordered an Armalite M-15 Defense-something-or-other rifle. For this month they toss in a Vortex optics red dot and mount, total price 499 plus shipping and tax and stuff at a couple of online dealers. Tough to beat, we'll see how that works out.

I've got an Armalite - and it's a good rifle. Still has the iron sights on it, no mods, yet...

Originally Posted By: FloatingBrick
Came across this:
Ruger 8500

At $449.00 only $50 more than the Del ton and includes free shipping.

Tough to beat this deal. Good find.

Ruger aren't doing good right now, they're having QC issues, they are way over gassed, wear and tear on the gas rings and buffers. I have also heard of poor machining on the bolt carrier, poor case hardening on the bolt leading to premature failure and the cheapest lower parts kit possible.

Order a lower parts kit , a lower , a stock kit and a complete upper and assemble the rifle yourself .

Best wishes , :)

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Ruger aren't doing good right now, they're having QC issues, they are way over gassed, wear and tear on the gas rings and buffers. I have also heard of poor machining on the bolt carrier, poor case hardening on the bolt leading to premature failure and the cheapest lower parts kit possible.

This. Not to mention the gas block pins falling out while shooting it, and unstaked gas keys. I would spend money elsewhere before getting that Ruger.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Just picked up this rifle from PSA. Seems like they are a love/hate company with many great reviews online but some snobbery claiming they are no good. Hopefully it proves its worth!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4...-516446600.html

Nice basic carbine setup with 4150 steel barrel and magpul furniture for a good price.

I've got several PSA FN made CHF steel barrels and a few basic 4150 steel barreled uppers on stupid cheap black Friday sales. Never had any issues at all. PSA is good to go

Here you have the cheapest one...one built out of beer cans
grin.gif
I would expect that AR lower reciever should be built out of strenghten "duraluminium" or aluminium intended for aircrafts...
confused.gif

Now I understand why you need 5 of them to get one that is functioning
grin.gif

AR lowers can be made from polymer , also .

Other than where the buffer tube screws in , the AR lower is not subject to a lot of stress . Maybe wear around the trigger pins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back