What's your biggest pet peeve on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: redfishsc
People who arrive to the 4-way stop and CLEARLY have the right-of-way, but they sit there and stare blankly out of the front of their vehicle. I have several 4-way stops in my community that I go through before getting to the highway, so this is a daily occurrence for me.

I would add a variant to this scenario as well: The round about or Traffic Circle. We got two around here in the 'burbs a few yrs ago and some people still have a hard time with it. During rush hour I'll be in a stream that's moving through the circle while opposing traffic waits for a break. Sometimes while proceeding through the circle with the herd I'll hum the Rawhide theme "rollin' rollin' rollin' keep these wagons rollin' ..." Come on people we got a Wagon Train going don't stop. But sometimes a Biff, Buffy, Elmer, or Edna will get intimidated or just feel overly courteous and break Train, slowing and stopping to wave the yielding traffic through.

If Biff Buffy Elmer or Edna are actually correct in this scenario please advise, since circle ettiquette is still a bit new around here.

The thing is that when the traffic circle is on dual lane highway and has couple of feeder roads, the feeder road on "the wrong" side never gets a chance to enter the circle because the through traffic just keeps on rolling in.

Example:- Some of the MetroWest Boston area rotaries are like that. during the busy hours, the traffic can back up for miles.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Vikas
But this is USA and NOT Germany, so no chance of that happening.

Where were you born?

Not in Germanany, why?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Not in Germanany, why?

Simple, because it's interesting learning where people are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back