What's the temperature in your area today?

Went for a ride last evening with the wife, 89 degrees exactly. Bike ran great ... and please, lets lay off the mass media heat index hype, anything to hype the news now a days, soon nothing will be real
11.gif

The real temperature is the real temperature.

O2SE - Nice photo, I goto to say, I only ride in the warm weather, love the heat... BUT, wow, I wouldn't mind experiencing riding where you do for an experience.
Our highest peak is in the Smokys at just over 6000 feet. Even in the dead of summer, most times we put on a light jacket when riding to the peak on the Blue Ridge. Didnt make it up there last year, first time in close to a decade that we didnt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy

O2SE - Nice photo, I goto to say, I only ride in the warm weather, love the heat... BUT, wow, I wouldn't mind experiencing riding where you do for an experience.
Our highest peak is in the Smokys at just over 6000 feet. Even in the dead of summer, most times we put on a light jacket when riding to the peak on the Blue Ridge. Didnt make it up there last year, first time in close to a decade that we didnt.

Thanks, we like it. That road is closed in winter due to the massive snowfall. They just got it opened for the year this past weekend. There's still a lot of snow to melt. I parked the bike around the corner from the summit, to get a pic of the snow depth still on the ground which isn't in direct afternoon sunlight.
[Linked Image]

This is a small lake just down the road, which is still mostly frozen over.
[Linked Image]

02SE, Wow, gorgeous place and wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing.

Here.... another 92f today with a heat index of 100f

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
97°F with a heat index of 110°F. Really hot start to June...
Same for your neighbors here in Baytown. What part of Houston do you live in?

I am in NW Houston.

We are almost at the point for the summer that has a high 90+ everyday. during July 100+ is not unusual and I love it! Those are real temperatures, not the "fake news" "feels like temperature" "heat index" for the snowflakes. :eek:) Give me a break, its getting hard to know the real temperature outside in facts, instead of "feel" *L*
I got off work early yesterday and decided to cut the lawn in the scorching sun and 91 degrees around 3PM.
I grew up/spent most of my life in the northeast, never again for me up there.

Visited Houston MANY years/decades ago when my friends went to college there. Loved it, good times.Then again, so were all those years. :eek:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
02SE, yes, great photos, bike looks great too.

Thanks, the wife was riding a bike too, I just didn't post those photos. The temperature at that elevation (the tallest mountain peaks are 13.5k+) can get into the 70's on the hottest summer days.

Back