What's a good shower head filter?

I'm looking to get a shower head filter. One that hopefully filters out the minerals and Chlorine and other junk. what's a good , long lasting, brand?

How bad is the water coming into your house that anyone would need this? And wouldn't it be cheaper just to replace a shower head every year? They are like $5 or $10.

How bad is the water coming into your house that anyone would need this? And wouldn't it be cheaper just to replace a shower head every year? They are like $5 or $10.

Me, I could care less. However, I was on city water until I moved to acreage and there are pros and cons to city vs well water.
Chlorine doesn't play well with your hair, especially if it's dyed. Many people take too long to shower and that doesn't help.

Claims to be NSF tested and certified. If so, I'd quit overthinking it and buy this:

Recommended filter cartridge replacement every six months at $52.50 a pop! o_O Might be able to cross reference to a Wix or Purolator to cut cost.....

The other thing is that no filter is going to remove dissolved minerals. Those should be removed with a softener if they are excessive in your supply. If the "filter" has some ion exchange resin or other means to remove minerals it isn't going to last long in a small shower head unit.

I don't have a recommendation, but I can recommend AGAINST the Paragon P2201. I had two, and neither one lasted past the second filter. The canister on the first started leaking from a crack after I changed the filter. Thinking maybe I had tightened it too much, I ordered another. That cap also cracked some time during the filter interval, unrelated to a change. The company's customer service department was unresponsive.

On the other hand, if you buy a Paragon, I can sell you an extra filter cartridge.

It's to get rid of the Chlorine and other stuff, not to replace the shower head.

I like to shower straight out of the pipe, no shower head, lot's of water pressure, these new shower heads just strangle water flow, like showering in a hotel. :mad:

Back