What kinda mail delivery vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada Post in our area is now using Ford Transit Connects
ford_transit_connect.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x681.jpg

And the new ones as well....
Haven't seen one of these personally, but there are apparently some EVs as well
http://autonorth.squarespace.com/storage...N=1302176372601

Normal mail truck, Right hand Jeep and some old right hand Subaru's still roam around.

On Sunday's my amazon packages sometimes the commercial Dodge Caravan with just front seats. Oddly no license plate just painted number on truck.

They are still rocking the Grumman LLV here.

Had one die in front of my house last year. The letter carrier had to wait for another to be delivered and he had to transfer the mail.

Later, a tow truck came and got the stalled LLV.

Pushbikes (bicycles) still used in NZ for deliveries. They are going to these 4 wheel electric vehicles now, they have permission to operate on footpaths. Bad visibility though, there have been some issues.

1467016677409.jpg

My daughter has been a Postie for 10 years, riding a bike around town, and she is now off work with wrist injuries...They carry a lot of weight in the front basket, and take a bit of work to hold up in the wind. She is ready to go back to work, but they aren't giving her any work. They are down to 3 deliveries a week, and soon will be putting it out to private contractors - if she leaves she will get no redundancy, so they are pushing her to give it up.

My rural carriers have driven GM A-body wagons from the middle of the bench seat. Used to see a bunch of them. Rocker panels dented up like crazy from rubbing curbs.

Then came a dodge caravan with bucket seats, still driven from the right, with a stretched out left foot.

Then a fancy jeep wrangler 4-door with a timing-belt style dual steering wheel connection.

Finally a boring Grumman LLV. I would hate driving that in the snow, with the front wheels on a different track than the rear ones.

Where I used to live, the guy had an elderly (circa-1980, looked like an old ice cream truck, and may actually have been) GMC Stepvan with what sounded like the old 292ci six. It wasn't RHD, but had been modified with right-side gas/brake pedals and a floor shifter. Currently, it's either a Grumman LLV or a Caravan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back