What is your state or province or country known for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over priced gas. Overtaxing everything. Terrible roads and you can't order your lunch at the drive through because nobody working there speaks English.

Also land of the fruits and nuts.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Over priced gas. Overtaxing everything. Terrible roads and you can't order your lunch at the drive through because nobody working there speaks English.

That sounds 100% right.

Also land of the fruits and nuts.

Politicians?
grin2.gif

Manitoba for its hydro electricity, its summer heat and winter cold and its blood-sucking bugs.

It's also the only prairie province with oceanfront swimming (pickaxe optional).

Last edited:
This area has some fair sized ranches with oil production to boot … however we have small land owners raising a tiny herd of what I call the Taxmaster breed* … many businesses help with all this tax free "work stuff"
(*Cattle is not their day job)

Sounds oddly familiar, but we can still order at the d thru. Bad roads + high taxes = overpopulated. It's starting to happen here.
Originally Posted by StevieC
Ontario is where the majority of the population lives in Canada (60%), my town is known as the Hammer or Steel City because of the steel producers here. We also have terrible infrastructure/roads as the dumping of Chinese steel into North America has really taken a toll on the local economy and tax revenues and as a result a lot of businesses closed and are boarded up in some areas.

The city is currently going through a revitalization process and there seems to be a new shop or restaurant opening each week in the downtown core. We are also the city where the very first Tim Hortons was opened and it's still there but now has a museum upstairs where you can see the way the old stores looked backed in the day.
I was wondering where you were from, I was thinking Eastern GTA. Same thing happened in Niagara, [censored] globalization!

Originally Posted by Variant_S
I'm in the state that puts its governors in jail.

Me too, and can think of quite a few other public figures that would benefit from a little solitary confinement.
We are also famous for the whole state funding one major city that does not seem to be able to get it's population to stop shooting each other.

I live in a very culturally refined nation well known for its excellent cuisine and sartorial choices. Nothing speaks more to this than a fine dining experience of spaghetti & mooseballs served while outfitted in your newly pressed Kenora dinner jacket.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mainia
Minnesota = Taxes

Minnesota = The state with 10,000 lakes

Minnesota = Minnesota nice

Home of the Minnesota State Screamin' Eagles

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Sounds oddly familiar, but we can still order at the d thru. Bad roads + high taxes = overpopulated. It's starting to happen here.
Originally Posted by StevieC
Ontario is where the majority of the population lives in Canada (60%), my town is known as the Hammer or Steel City because of the steel producers here. We also have terrible infrastructure/roads as the dumping of Chinese steel into North America has really taken a toll on the local economy and tax revenues and as a result a lot of businesses closed and are boarded up in some areas.

The city is currently going through a revitalization process and there seems to be a new shop or restaurant opening each week in the downtown core. We are also the city where the very first Tim Hortons was opened and it's still there but now has a museum upstairs where you can see the way the old stores looked backed in the day.
I was wondering where you were from, I was thinking Eastern GTA. Same thing happened in Niagara, [censored] globalization!

Hamilton - The Hammer / Steel City. And yeah Niagara has had it really bad. I feel sorry for folks there. It will be different in the next 20 years with the Go Train and the boomers retiring.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Heat.

I'm hoping to retire there 6 months of the year when I get to that age. Tired of the winters here that are dark, cold and brutal. Also they are really damp living near the lake, goes right through you.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I'll start. Pennsylvania is known for horrible roads, taxes, and toll roads. Also known for the Hershey chocolate factory and for Channelock in Meadville PA. Pennsylvania is also known for anthracite coal. What is your state, or province or country known for?

Pa native here, Pa is also also known for Zippo, Case knives, Drake Well (if you don't know about that shame on you!), Yuengling beer (oldest brewery in US), Punxsutawney Phil, the Steelers, really bad roads, rusty cars, Gettysburg......

Arizona is known for no rust on cars, Grand Canyon, dry heat, John McCain, Barry Goldwater, Monument Valley, decent roads, car auctions, airplane graveyards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back