Does US-30 go all the way across Pennsylvania? Or...

The same physical road can be part of more than one route. A northeast to southwest road could be part of a north south route as well as an even numbered east-west route. Some interstates were built exactly on top of the old US Route and now that section of road has both an I number and a US number. I don't think this was ever the case with a toll road though.

Some interstates were built exactly on top of the old US Route and now that section of road has both an I number and a US number.

I think what happens more often is that the Interstate parallels the original US route and that route is decommissioned and multiplexed with the interstate.

Looking at historic topo maps you'll often find that US highways had different routes decades ago. A route that in the 1950s went through a town would eventually be rerouted around the town on a new road, which may be an Interstate.

They run east-west

The odd numbered US highways run north-south, like US 1.

In general the 1 and 2 digit US highways (like US11) tend to be longer than the 3-digit ones (like US211, which is a branch off of US11).

you are correct... I was just trying to keep it simple...

its also worth saying US Highway numbers are on the opposite end of the numbering spectrum from the Interstates.... aka Interstate 10 is closely paralleled by US 90 . or US1 and I 95, US 31 and I 65.. etc

you are correct... I was just trying to keep it simple...

its also worth saying US Highway numbers are on the opposite end of the numbering spectrum from the Interstates.... aka Interstate 10 is closely paralleled by US 90 . or US1 and I 95, US 31 and I 65.. etc

There's also no Interstate 50 or Interstate 60 because they'd be too close to the US 50 and US 60. Or so I've heard.

lastly visit the shop for -necessary things -

6 for sure, get it ??
Funny you posted that, I was just up there last weekend. Their new location is at the Lycoming Mall in Muncy. After checking out EuroOptic head north out of Williamsport on route 15 and check out Fry's Turkey farm restaurant for lunch or Dinner. Fry's Turkey Ranch

Back