What have I become?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Todd, and I'm a BITOGer.
smile.gif

I have a problem. It's a habit or something. I have become a monster of sorts. I am drawn to oil & filters like moths to a flame.

Today, I was in the Walmart near my in-laws (about 45 minutes on the other side of Houston) and I saw a never-before-seen-in-my-neck-of-the-woods CASE of TropArtic 5W30! I got all giddy and acted like I'd struck gold or something. I started digging through all of the cases at the bottom of the shelves hoping I would find another, but to no avail.

Nevertheless, I grabbed my case of TropArtic and walked all the way to the cashier with a big stupid grin on my face. People must think I'm nuts or something.
smile.gif

You're perfectly normal. My wife thinks I'm nutty over cars. I tell her it's better than having an alcohol problem sitting at a bar.

You sure is nuts. I would have grabbed the one case and not even looked for a second. Lets do the math - ok 24 quarts of oil - ok average of 5 quarts a change - lets see thats 4.8 oil changes. I hope you change oil on more then one vehicle.

Good thing they only had one case.

Gang, I think I'm a goner; I'm seriously contemplating the purchase of a 55gal. Drum of Re-manufactured 15w40 Motoroil!

I've concluded that "Oil is Just Oil" Do I need help?
confused.gif
dunno.gif
burnout.gif

No, the sad thing is a case is only 12 quarts... It's only good for 2 oil changes..
frown.gif

Sometimes you get lucky and get a 16 quart one...
fruit.gif

But no "REAL" cases of 24 quarts.
spaz.gif

Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Yeah, I would've bought five or six cases if they would've had them!
smile.gif

The Walmarts near me typically have a very low supply (if any) TropArtic 5W30 available.

I change oil on about six or seven vehicles and they all specify 5W30, so I'll buy all the TropArtic I can in that viscosity. (I used to be a die-hard 10W30 guy, but I've gradually embraced the 5W30s.)

I wonder if my local Walmart would order some for me if I asked. I've heard the manager will get products for you if you make a specific request.

Yesterday when I was at my parent's house for dinner my mom mentioned that there is going to be a Target store opening up in our area soon (it'll be the first one in Canada)

The first thing that came to my mind was "cool, a new oil section to check out!"
grin.gif

Pat,

Our "local" Target (about 40 miles away) it's whole auto section is about equal to 1/3 of Wal-marts oil rack!
rolleyes.gif

It's a non-issue. They have more floor mats for your car than anything else..

And ours is one of the last "Super" Targets built in America. They are going back to the Normal ones.

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

The best part about the Target oil section,

they constantly misprice Castrol GTX & Mobil 1 oils to 1985 prices.

I feel your pain, I snatched a case of Trop Artic from the guy at Walmart as he was getting ready to restock the shelf, he even thanked me for savin him the trouble of stuffin 12 qts. on the shelf.

if you can last a week without thinking of buying oil, the pain will get less day by day.
grin.gif
I haven't bought oil in two months. the withdrawal is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back