What does retirement mean to you?

My brother is unemployed (worked for Boeing), my sister and nephew are full-bore Branch Covidians. The thing I was looking forward to the most was cancelled this year, and next year.
That sucks. Hopefully once this mess clears up there will be a rebound effect. Is Boeing taking care of them? I know if and when I get sick, my company wont do anything for me other than ban me from the building for 2 weeks. Sick pay? Haha! What's that bro? But yet...come run the covid unit...its fiiinnnneeee....

Means being bored and not working.

Must mean you are old.
Not sure I agree--I can think of many days while at work I was both bored and not working. Not that I'd admit that to the boss...

[Not all of that is as straightforward as it might sound. Ever been stuck in an endless meeting? "worthless" training? you get the idea. But then are those Friday afternoons before a 3 day weekend...]

Not sure I agree--I can think of many days while at work I was both bored and not working. Not that I'd admit that to the boss...

[Not all of that is as straightforward as it might sound. Ever been stuck in an endless meeting? "worthless" training? you get the idea. But then are those Friday afternoons before a 3 day weekend...]

I was being facetious get brief lol.

When I am bored at work.. I go charge up the forklifts. Discovered four different chargers are set for three different charge rates, and one, the charging prong is bent. Its fine, there is only space for three forks anyways. And, I got praised for keeping the forks "as close to fully charged as they are ever going to get" since even I know they are never going to be 100% charged all of the time. It worked out..

Retiring is being able to walk away from my full time employer. I don’t mind working, I just don’t like the stress and corporate politics of my full time job.
I could perform land surveys part time after leaving my full time job to make ends meet and I’m ok with that.

That sucks. Hopefully once this mess clears up there will be a rebound effect. Is Boeing taking care of them? I know if and when I get sick, my company wont do anything for me other than ban me from the building for 2 weeks. Sick pay? Haha! What's that bro? But yet...come run the covid unit...its fiiinnnneeee....
They paid him for an extra month, I recall.

• Love
Reactions: Ws6
Back