What are you eating right now?

The usual. I just mix up the ingredients a bit because I like some variation and because I want to keep my digestive tract from getting into a rut. I suppose this food must taste horrible to some people because it's not loaded with unhealthy things. Sad. They say people are set in their ways reagrding their nutritional habits by the time they are adults and I don't doubt this claim one bit.

Chicken, celery, carrots, spinach, king trumpet mushrooms, two eggs and salsa.
Ztp1Mqr.jpg

The usual. I just mix up the ingredients a bit because I like some variation and because I want to keep my digestive tract from getting into a rut. I suppose this food must taste horrible to some people because it's not loaded with unhealthy things. Sad. They say people are set in their ways reagrding their nutritional habits by the time they are adults and I don't doubt this claim one bit.

Ztp1Mqr.jpg
So many pesticides! And all fried! 🤣

Just kidding... Looks healthy and delicious.

Ztp1Mqr.jpg
What type of oil, if any, do you use?

What type of oil, if any, do you use?
Mostly EVOO for cooking. Avocado oil if I want to impart barely any flavor from the oil. Sometimes sesame oil if I want the flavor. I also use butter (from grass-fed bovines), especially for egg dishes.

Last edited:
So many pesticides! And all fried! 🤣

Just kidding... Looks healthy and delicious.
Those would be sautéed pesticides! ;)
I like junk but only twice a week and in moderation. Small piece of cake vs the whole cake, two ice cream balls vs a quart, one beer vs a six-pack.

Last edited:
Isn't "sautéed" just a Canadian way of saying "fried?" :unsure:
Don't know about the Canadians. Most of them have been banned from BITOG. Weird, I like Canadians. I strongly suspect you know the following but I'll mention it anyway. @AutoMechanic needs to learn these things. Sautéeing means cooking food in an oiled or greased pan to prevent sticking and to allow for improved heat transfer. Frying means the food is about 1/3 submerged in oil, and deep frying means full immersion in oil.

Just kind of a snacking day today. Grapes, Little Smokies and cantaloupe. Protein drink also.

County Nurse comes tomorrow. Going to have her go pick up a Subway sandwich, meatball comes to mind with lots of onions. I also always offer to buy them one. Extra perk for having to help a naked old man shower.;)

Have blueberries along with other things on my grocery list. Beer too. :D

Free* Easter ham w/ beans and a fruit tart, washed down with a "Kappouge Castle" (Single Malt Irish Whisky) & ginger ale coctail

Sorry no pics

* (Spend $400 at Martins Grocery store = coupon for a free ham!) Is it "Free"? I don't care, like the Thanksgiving turkeys, I love it.

Back