What are you doing right now?

Crud. Daughter isn't comfortable driving to a class she wants to take, so I'll ride shotgun so she gets experience driving this direction. With any luck, if she is comfortable on the drive, she can do it on her own in the future.

But it's like 90% of the way to work so it looks like I'll just go in anyhow and kill a couple hours there. So much for not working on the weekend.

Crud. Daughter isn't comfortable driving to a class she wants to take, so I'll ride shotgun so she gets experience driving this direction. With any luck, if she is comfortable on the drive, she can do it on her own in the future.

But it's like 90% of the way to work so it looks like I'll just go in anyhow and kill a couple hours there. So much for not working on the weekend.

How far away is class ?

Helped the wife pick up some old freezer meat donated to the canine non-profit for whom we volunteer.

While in the area I looked at a BluePoint YA322 set of transmission seal drivers. Couldn't find much info as it would seem they've long been discontinued. They were very dirty and kinda beat up. He wanted $75 and I just wasn't seeing it. I offered $50 which clearly insulted him. I wasn't trying to be an obnoxious low-baller, but it just wasn't worth $75 to me. Que sera.

I should have consulted @clinebarger first, maybe it was a good deal but felt high for a bunch of plastic

How far away is class ?
It was about 55 minutes, as we took the back way. Which is easier, except the gps kept trying to make us take the highway. Might have to do it again next weekend, as she wasn’t up for driving home—and I blew it, followed the gps, and we got crawl in weekend traffic on the highway. Oops. Need to look at the map and figure out the turns ahead of time.

Got a bit of work done in office, sorta. Trying out a feature in our pcb tool that I’ve been ignoring, but still haven’t figured out. So not a full loss.

Helped the wife pick up some old freezer meat donated to the canine non-profit for whom we volunteer.

While in the area I looked at a BluePoint YA322 set of transmission seal drivers. Couldn't find much info as it would seem they've long been discontinued. They were very dirty and kinda beat up. He wanted $75 and I just wasn't seeing it. I offered $50 which clearly insulted him. I wasn't trying to be an obnoxious low-baller, but it just wasn't worth $75 to me. Que sera.

I should have consulted @clinebarger first, maybe it was a good deal but felt high for a bunch of plastic

I worked in shops with that set....Make your own out of aluminum mimicking the Kent-Moore style.

The only thing special about dedicated seal drivers is that it expands the lip seal & prevents the spring from popping out of it's groove. If I'm doing in-vehicle trans seal service, I pack the spring cavity with TransJel.
When rebuilding....Using an arbor press is the way.

Reactions: D60
Found 2 bedframes yesterday at a site known for dumping, found another bedframe at a curb this morning (trash day). I think I have 4 bedframes now. Its fun collecting bedframes.

Having 3-4 at some 11,000ft.
IMG_3034.jpeg

Watching baseball and reading an article that my DB Cooper enthusiast friend sent me on a “new clue” on the case. Sounds like the same stuff they have said for years lol. It is a fascinating case but I don’t think we have enough to solve it but I enjoy talking about it with my friend lol. It’s amazing though that it’s never been solved and if he lived how he could keep quiet for the rest of his life. If he lived or died I’d say he is definitely dead by now anyway.

Just picked up Long John Silvers. I’ve been craving it for weeks. Finally convinced dad to get it because I certainly won’t pay the price because I’d have to get an 8 piece to fill me up lol. Their chicken is absolutely disgusting but the fish is the best I’ve ever had. One of my coworkers today mentioned eating at Arthur Treachers back in the day. I wish that was still around in Virginia they sound good. When we go to Cleveland in the coming years we will stop at the one there. Also me and dad are arguing over tires while he is on the phone with his friend. I’m just being honest about them he is saying they are great tires lol. Hopefully the guy won’t buy them.

Just picked up Long John Silvers. I’ve been craving it for weeks. Finally convinced dad to get it because I certainly won’t pay the price because I’d have to get an 8 piece to fill me up lol. Their chicken is absolutely disgusting but the fish is the best I’ve ever had. One of my coworkers today mentioned eating at Arthur Treachers back in the day. I wish that was still around in Virginia they sound good. When we go to Cleveland in the coming years we will stop at the one there. Also me and dad are arguing over tires while he is on the phone with his friend. I’m just being honest about them he is saying they are great tires lol. Hopefully the guy won’t buy them.

LJS definitely just gagged a little :sick: Horrible; make your own even with frozen seafood from the grocery store would be 2x better for sure. (Fast Food Seafood; what could possibly go wrong)

Who remembers Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? ("Get all the seafood you can eat" was their jingle).... Funny place... kind of like a sizzler with a vertical menu, they brought out each dish you were eligible for [slowly] one at a time on paper plates. What you could get was price based: I remember being young and poor and able to fill up on crap and have a few brews for under $15 The drinks were expensive, that was how they made their money, you kept sipping while waiting for refills. If I recall correctly it was like:
- $4.99 gets you french fries and really crappy hush puppies
- $5.99 adds fried clam snouts maybe garlic bread also
- $6.99 adds some other fried crap
- $7.99 adds a cheap/battered/fried [frozen] white fish or flounder
- $8.99 adds fried shrimp

FWIW: When I was young and we lived up north we went to Arthur Treachers once in a while, If I saw one again, I would be willing to give it a shot

Back