What are you doing right now?

It’s only fun when shopping new and able to get exactly what you want. The rest of the time its sweating detail after detail. Buy the wrong used car and you just bought someone else’s problem child.
I went through the whole used car search last year, and it was a massive undertaking to find the right car. But the more you look, the more sure you'll be when you do find the right one. It will be obvious when you find it. Bring a code scanner is a good idea to ensure nothing was going on with the car.

Well, not right now, but this ate up my afternoon off, yes I know my siding needs pressure washed.

Long story short, I just put a new 17 SEER unit in the house a few years ago, but I didn't want to pay the many thousands of dollars that every place quoted me to fix my ductwork. The master bedroom is furthest from the handler and gets stupid hot in the summer and since I work nights, sleeping in the daytime has required a window unit, until today. 20 SEER2 12,000 BTU heat pump installed.

Really isn't that bad. Hardest part is wrangling the line set by yourself. Lots of waiting at the end for the vacuum pump to do its work, and then more waiting to see if you have any leaks.

After my local EMC and federal rebate, I'll be all in $300.

IMG_20240401_191335316_HDR.jpg

Getting ready for work. Wish it was Friday again lol. Also trying to look at hotels for vacation too. It’s really nice to get a discount on them thru my work. Anyone got any good hotel recommendations for Baltimore and Washington DC?

Waiting for insurance clown to call me back.

Auto premium went up $240!!
Insurance laws changed in WA lately, causing some of that increase. I found that out from talking to my auto insurance agent. And of course all the maniacs on the roads crashing all over the place doesn't help. Also, the number of uninsured motorists is sky high, and people that do have insurance pay for that. It's all a runaway cluster.

Insurance laws changed in WA lately, causing some of that increase. I found that out from talking to my auto insurance agent. And of course all the maniacs on the roads crashing all over the place doesn't help. Also, the number of uninsured motorists is sky high, and people that do have insurance pay for that. It's all a runaway cluster.
Plus legal weed and texting while stoned driving

Last edited:
Plus legal weed and texting while stoned
And still lots of drunks driving around, probably more than the stoners ... it all adds up to the responsible people paying for the clowns in the show.

Watching the Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals game. Not a big fan of either team to be honest but it’s the only game on lol. So go both teams because I just enjoy the game. Can’t wait to go to two games in person this summer. It was really nice of the member on my other forum who gave me 4 tickets right behind home plate and a premium parking pass. Now just have to get tickets for the first game and hotels reserved for both cities. Might try to stay in between the cities and stay in one hotel.

I’m just chilling watching some baseball. Trying to get parents motivated to tell me where we can stay for vacation. I was going to reserve the Hampton Inn and my dad said he wanted to pick. And I’m like well hurry up because last year we had to book a hotel the day before and had to stay 15 miles away. They want an AirBNB I told them heck no. The last thing I want to do is stay at someone house for vacation. Hotels are always the number one thing I care about on trips lol.

Puttering around the house. Thought about going out to look at cars but daughter's boyfriend is over and it's more important to stick close to home and intimidate the kid.

Reactions: LDB
Been cleaning out "my" closet, under threat of possible bodily harm.

I have more caps 🧢 than brain cells. Many, many more. Perhaps if I had worn them I would have had more brain cells survive, dunno. And of course most of them are extremely dusty. A damp wash cloth and mind numbing boredom is my lot in life today.

Time to winnow the herd.

I’m just waiting on pops to be ready to go. When you get a phone in his hand you might as well be talking to a wall and hopefully your comfortable because you will be sitting for awhile. I keep asking him to hurry up and research where he wants to stay since I picked out a nice hotel and he doesn’t like it and just wants to plan it the same week I’m like no you have to plan it in advance. I’ll probably just book it anyway and if he doesn’t like it he can pay for something else lol.

Back