Weird RockAuto Oversight

Interesting error I stumbled across tonight on RockAuto. The power steering pump pulley on a MutsuChrysler 3.0 V6 is serpentine. I guess I'll be sourcing that elsewhere.

Screenshot_20231116-202412.jpg

I think the Monteros/Pajeros/Raiders with the v6 used a v belt for the power steering pump but I could be wrong (maybe it was a 4 rib belt?)

I once ordered a single gas cap for a Chevy C10 - ended up with a case of 20. Somebody messed up and sent the whole box lol.
I ordered an Oxygen Sensor last year, they put the wrong labels on the wrong box and I got someone's order with chinesium ignition coils for a Nissan, I reported it, they resent me the right thing, and I kept the coils for at least two weeks in case they wanted them back, after a few weeks I double checked my email seeing if they ever requested me send the coils back, which they did not, but I seen that the day before my replacement order arrived they said there was a shipper error and my package had been returned to the sender and they refunded me my purchase but the O2 sensor still arrived so I got it for free.

rockauto is great if its a side project or something you can plan ahead. that's why e-retailers haven't really hurt the parts stores. when you need your car fixed it usually has to be done now.
I'd say Rock Auto and Amazon have significantly hurt parts stores for retail, most of what keeps the parts stores going is that they serve local shops, etailers will never replace a local parts house for commercial work.

I'd say Rock Auto and Amazon have significantly hurt parts stores for retail, most of what keeps the parts stores going is that they serve local shops, etailers will never replace a local parts house for commercial work.
I rarely use Rockauto now simply because the shipping prices have gone nuts. I've had better service with them over Amazon, but at times the price difference is over $40 just because of their shipping.

I ordered an oculus quest 2 from gamestop and they sent me 2... but different capacity ones... (odd).

Rockauto has never sent me wrong item but the trailer hitch I got looked like ninjas wielding swords attacked it.

AutoZone stock price is at an all time high. business is booming. the age of the American car fleet has never been older nor more complicated, requiring more upkeep.

I rarely use Rockauto now simply because the shipping prices have gone nuts. I've had better service with them over Amazon, but at times the price difference is over $40 just because of their shipping.
I've started getting AAP to price match Amazon and Rock Auto , their reps are pretty liberal with how they'll match, I got two quickstruts for my trailblazer under $100 because the rep matched the wholesaler closeout deal and didn't look at shipping, I was expecting them to add two regular inventory ones to the cart and calculate shipping and match that but I let them match the wrong thing and went to get my card as quick as possible.

Reactions: D60
Back