WDYD?? DIY Maintenance Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
It displays a warning for all user entered data vs data it collects itself.

There are always ways for people to cheat a system.

Oh nice! Didn't know that. Either way, for myself, I might just give it a shot. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: lukejo

Field Notes

That happens to be what I use. They are good little durable notebooks. I log the date and mileage of every service. Receipts go in an envelope.

My family is crazy about Field Notes brand. The Utility Edition in ledger is perfect for the glovebox, however I prefer graph for most things. My son likes the dot graph and wife likes the unlined Sweet Tooth which is also perforated.

Google docs and download it to my phone. Everywhere I need it.. such as if I'm in Walmart I can look it up if I need to get anything.

I keep a 3x5 memo book in each vehicle that I write down mileage, date, parts replaced, part #'s, etc. I also have a folder for each vehicle in the filing cabinet that I keep the receipts in. I've been doing this for about 25 years.

There are several smartphone apps that track your maintenance. One can take pics of receipts and of the parts. Some of the automakers have apps with a maintenance section. My Mazda app has it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back